Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is that the thing that screws into the headers(?) at the top? mine got broken off when i wrecked my car, so i need a new one, but i dont know where to get it.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
you can get a bosch universal at any parts store, you just need to do some wiring. I think the one i bought for my old d16 was like $20 or less. They make a special socket for O2 sensor also, I think autozone will rent it out, I paid $10 for mine though. Comes in handy more than you would think...well maybe its just me since motors and exhaust are constantly being removed :lol:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright well i went out and bought one at Advanced. its a bosch. but how do i install it besides screwin it into the headers? where does the wire go? i cant find the end of the old wire that i had to cut off..hopefully that makes sense.

·
Registered
914 Posts
First, which motor do you have. If you have a stock motor, there should be only one wire for the O2 sensor. The plug for it is right under the distributor. If the plugs are still atached, simply connect the two wires together.

I wish i had a pic, If anyone dose, please post it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
If the car is running, let it warm up to normal operating temps first. Heat will make it much easier to remove. Most of the ones I've tired removing cold usually just round out because the o2s socket has a slit cut in the sidewalls giving you less grip on the sensor than a regular 6 point socket.

Look underneath the distributor. There is a harness there where the wire for the o2s came from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.