Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
B16 its not that hard to convert to OBD1...
The dizzy and VTEC wires should be in with any quality jumper harness you buy.
I got mine from RYWIRE and his harnesses are one of the best out there.If you have questions I know that Ryan is more than willing to help you.Just call him at his shop.

One question....Are you swapping out a D series to put a B16 in? If so you will need more than just a harness.(i.e. mounts,trans)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have an obd2 B16 and i have a 91 CRX im takin out the D series motor to put in the B16 i kno about the motor mounts and ****ft linkage i already bought that and i also have the tranny but if i convert it to obd0 then i wont need the jumper harness and all that stuff all i need is OBD0 ecu,alternator,distributor,injectors and the harness. if im wrong then correct me plz.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don't know that you are wrong, although you will need to run the correct ECU for a non-OBD motor if you do go to OBD0.

I've been curious about this myself, as my motor is about to take a dump on me and I found a GSR for cheap but its OBD2 and I'm trying to be sure I have all my stuff together for going OBD1 on the motor and on the chassis.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Yes you can run a b16 OBD0..If you choose to do that it will work as long as you have the right dizzy and ECU.
GL on your swap..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.