Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off with: I had a horrible noise in my engine at WOT. No one really knew what it was. I don't want to say because it shows how stupid I was. :shock: Anyways, thats fixed. So I ordered a conv harness for my p28. Got it today.

I need a 4 wire o2. Right now im looking to get this running. So from what car can I use for th o2? I think its integra? What year?

It also says to tap into one of the one pin knock sensors behind the block/on top of the oil filter. I can't see a 1 pin sensor anywhere behind the block. Does anyone have pictures?

Also a guy over at Rywire said I could cut my d16y8(obd2a) distributor and literally re-wire it. Does anyone know what wires match up? I know obd1 dist. just match by color, but I dont know what to do here. Will it be fine with an a6 dist? My parents just paid a shop to replace a dist cap for on outrageous price because they said I "needed it".

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Hey wasu.
What engine are you running?
I do know that there is no knock sensor on OBD0 engines.Did you convert because of a mini-me setup?
As for the O2 question any OBD1 4 wire O2 is compatable.
As for your dizzy question why didnt the guy at rywire tell you the pinouts for the little snip job he mentioned to you?He should know best if they have donr that thing before.I'm not the expert on OBD2 dizzy conversions.
Also no your A6 dizzy will not work with OBD1.
Hope I've helped

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My head is OBD2: D16Y8. My block is a a D16A6. Ive been running with a a6 dist ever since the head has been on. I told the guy at rywire but all he said was "yes you can cut and literally rewire for it to work" and I said ok. So should I call back?

G

·
Wasuri said:
My head is OBD2: D16Y8. My block is a a D16A6. Ive been running with a a6 dist ever since the head has been on. I told the guy at rywire but all he said was "yes you can cut and literally rewire for it to work" and I said ok. So should I call back?
Rywire sells the Obd2 to obd1 conversion for the dizzy. (as well as the obd0-obd1)

My B16a that was obd0 had a knock sensor but I think it was 2 wire?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed Peter and asked for the wiring since I already paid $114 for this harness. I hope I get my "Full Technical Support".

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
If someone does have the diagram, I'd like to know, I'm planning to convert to OBD1 soon. Going to the yard soon to pick up the p28 and a junk OBD0 ECU to start making my harness.

G

·
downest said:
If someone does have the diagram, I'd like to know, I'm planning to convert to OBD1 soon. Going to the yard soon to pick up the p28 and a junk OBD0 ECU to start making my harness.
Like I said Rywire has the conversion harness for the ecu and for the dizzy. It comes out really neat and by in large just plugs in. You have to route the 4 wires for the O2 sensor and change I think 2 wires on the Vtec, but it looks very good, not just chopped up wires with electrical tape.

I think its worth the bucks. Ryan was also helpful when I had some questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.