Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new to the site here...

I have a 1991 CRX HF. I purchased a D15 SOHC VTEC longblock from hmotorsonline. I've been reading up to find the best way to handle the wiring that's required for this swap, and so far this is what I've come up with:

- I'm going to purchase a P28 ECU

- I want to buy an OBD0 to OBD1 conversion kit to help make the wiring easier. The kit includes:

- OBD0 to OBD1 ECU Conversion Harness
- VTEC Subharness w/correct O2 Sensor, plug and play with ECU Jumper.
- OBD0 to OBD1 Distributor Adapter

(^ straight from the website, obviously)

Basically, I'm trying to make this swap as easy as possible for me. My question is, does this setup seem like a viable one? For those of you who've done swaps before, are there any drawbacks to using conversion kits instead of actually doing the wiring yourself? I've done as much research as I can, but that doesn't hold a candle to people with actual engine swap experience, is there an easier way to complete the OBD0 to OBD1 conversion that I'm overlooking?

Any input would be appreciated!

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Buying a conversion harness is definitely the easiest way, it makes the swap plug and play. You won't have to spend hours figuring out which wire is for what and where it's supposed to go. You'll spend more buying the harness though.

Rywire is probably the best site for conversion harnesses, they build every harness as it's ordered, and to exactly the specs you need. They can also sell you the P28.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Jeez Jfro, not even helpin a fellow member out:

civiczealot, I have a obd0-1 conversion harness w/vtec sub & 4 wire o2. If youre interested send me a pm :wink:

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I made my own conversion harness(es). It's pretty easy if you can solder, and it's a lot cheaper. If you want I can build you one, I know mine works and I can test it on my own car to make sure it works.

You'll probably have to get a p28 or other ECU either way, I think matt miner (mattminerdotcom) probably can hook you up with one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.