Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm nost sure if this belongs in the Lounge or not, so please feel free to move it if need be.

I'm picking up a 90 DX in a few weeks, and the owner is giving me the ZC he planned to swap into it. I dont want the ZC and plan to sell it. What I really want is either a complete D16z6 or D16a6 swap. (engine, wire harness, ECU, etc..) I just want to yank out the 1.5L and pull the ECU, Harness, etc.. and drop in a complete and flawless swap.

I've been out of the scene for quite a while now, and I imagine prices have changed a bit. So, I bring my price questions to you.

What should I ask for the ZC? From what I've gathered, it's a complete swap minus the oil pan and crank pulley. I believe he has the ECU and wirking harness. I'll have to check tomorrow.

What can I expect to pay for a low-mid mileage D16a6, tranny, ECU, harness, complete swap? (low-mid mileage to me is 90K-150K)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
You really dont want the complete harness..definteily not to swap it thats a big pain in the ass.

Its really very easy to fix the DX harness to work on the Si, and I strongly suggest doing that. If you are conerned about making it clean, Im sure myself or downest could help you out modifying the harness and making it stock style clean.

As for a motor, I dont know if youd be interested, but your old motor is rebuilt and sitting on an engine stand. (new rings and bearings in the bottom end, new valve seals and stems in the top with all new gaskets) with a new clutch and resurfaced flywheel with no car to go into. Its not mine anymore, but if you are looking to dump the ZC, im sure something can be arranged. Your tranny is also there with a new input shaft bearing and freshly reassembled from a good going through. IIRC, the motor has a bling bling exhaust manifold on it :lol:

If you have a complete A6 to swap in, and the few plugs you need from an Si harness. The only other thing you really need is the ecu. Plug it in and go.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mattminerDOTcom said:
You really dont want the complete harness..definteily not to swap it thats a big pain in the [booya].

Its really very easy to fix the DX harness to work on the Si, and I strongly suggest doing that. If you are conerned about making it clean, Im sure myself or downest could help you out modifying the harness and making it stock style clean.

As for a motor, I dont know if youd be interested, but your old motor is rebuilt and sitting on an engine stand. (new rings and bearings in the bottom end, new valve seals and stems in the top with all new gaskets) with a new clutch and resurfaced flywheel with no car to go into. Its not mine anymore, but if you are looking to dump the ZC, im sure something can be arranged. Your tranny is also there with a new input shaft bearing and freshly reassembled from a good going through. IIRC, the motor has a bling bling exhaust manifold on it :lol:

If you have a complete A6 to swap in, and the few plugs you need from an Si harness. The only other thing you really need is the ecu. Plug it in and go.

[email protected]
When it comes to wiring, I'm a re-re. Toss me a PM on that old motor.

:wink:

·
Registered
779 Posts
If I were you I'd throw in the ZC. Is it a SOHC or DOHC? The SOHC is basically a cammed A6. Where you located? If you are close enough to me I will help you with the wiring.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ludesrv said:
If I were you I'd throw in the ZC. Is it a SOHC or DOHC? The SOHC is basically a cammed A6. Where you located? If you are close enough to me I will help you with the wiring.
Thanks for the offer on the wiring help. I'll put a shout out when it comes time.

I been brain storming all dang night about this, and I think I'll be selling the ZC (dohc) to fund the daily driver status. It hasn't been driven since August 05.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.