Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for OEM CRX car covers for a little while, and I just noticed two on ebay. The only thing is, they look like they're both for 1st gens. How well would they fit a 2nd gen? Would it be better to wait for a 2nd gen cover? Will my VT/SiR/SE spoiler cause a problem?

Auction 1

Auction 2

The 2nd auction doesn't mention what years it fits, but I'm assuming it's 1st gen by the font used on the bag.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had one of those for my 2nd gen. years ago. I still have the blue bag. It was made for the 2nd gen. I don't think the spoiler would be a problem with a 2nd gen cover since there is elastic that runs along the bottom.

I don't think a 1st gen cover will fit since they are a little smaller.

·
Registered
634 Posts
If they are indeed covers for 1G CRXs, they won't fit a 2G *at all*. Reason I know is, I have two 2G CRXs, both with covers (not OEM, but good-quality aftermarket ones), and I have a 1G CRX as well. I tried one of the covers on the first-gen, and it wasn't even close to fitting.

Mike

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that's another thing I was looking at Mike. A good quality CRX-specific aftermarket cover. I'm just afraid of ending up with a universal 'small car' cover. Can you make any recommendations of companies or vendors to source one from? Of course, it won't be as special as having an original. :|

·
Registered
634 Posts
jfrolang said:
Well that's another thing I was looking at Mike. A good quality CRX-specific aftermarket cover. I'm just afraid of ending up with a universal 'small car' cover. Can you make any recommendations of companies or vendors to source one from? Of course, it won't be as special as having an original. :|
I got one of mine through - if memory serves - Big Sky Car Covers out of Montana. I think it ran about $160 (not cheap). It's not their top-of-the-line model, either, but it isn't their cheapest; somewhere in the middle. Offers *some* water protection, but not much, really. Mostly it's good for keeping dust and sunlight off the car. I've been happy with it. As for fitment, it's fantastic. They asked me specific questions about my particular car, like did it have the passenger-side mirror and the rear wiper, so they could make sure to get me the exact right one for MY car.

The other one came with the second car when I bought it. By amazing coincidence, it's the exact same cover - same company, same part number and all. The guy I bought the car from was pretty anal about his cars, so it made me feel better about the cover I already had. :)

I'm sure I could get a car cover for less money, but I'm not sure I'd be as happy with it if I did. Shop around a bit and compare; you might find some place selling the same cover for less!

Mike

·
Registered
237 Posts
jfrolang said:
I bought my cover way back in 92 and if I remember correctly they were made from Kimberly-Clark Evolution 2 fabric. They are up to a 4 version now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.