Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week I was at Ranstein in Germany, and i was introduced to a substance called "simple green". I'd read about it, and thought of it as just another engine cleaning agent. I tried several. Most work "decent".

So I was thouroughly impressed with how Jay's bay cleaned up, so I hoarded several bottles for personal use. Ofcourse I could not wait to use the stuff myself.

...there's a few buts to my car.
To start off, my block is painted. and usually cleaning it will strip the paint and leave residue so you have a hard time painting it again.

I soap up the bay, and I let it sit for a while. I cleaned it off and I was instantly impressed. It did strip some of the paint, but a quick touch-up was easy, and it coated flawlessly! Rubbed down the bodywork with a towel, and that's about all I did to it!
Here's the end result. Didn't think of taking one before hand. My engine wasn't filthy, but it had accumulated alot of grime and crud over last winter.

One HAPPY customer!
No itchy hands from corrosive crud. No dull paint after cleaning. No white rash on hoses after cleaning.
It even cleaned my wheels to a fricking mirror shine with just a soft cloth!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I actually seem to be missing one of the three bottles I originally bought. I know we used two on the cars, but the third is gone. -.- lol I don't really care I just bought some more. hahaha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.