Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok when I floor my crx it was running really bad and sounded like it was miss fireing. So I was going to check the spark in the plugs, but when I took the wire out of the 2nd plug there was a good bit of oil standing in the bottem with the spark plug. Then I took out all the spark plugs and saw that all the spark plugs had a little bit of oil on them.

So my qeustion is what could this be and how easy would it be to fix it?

· Registered
2,037 Posts
If the oil was puddling in the spark plug bore then perhaps you just have bad valve cover seals. There are four flat circular pieces that you will see if you take off your valve cover and flip it over. Number 3, I believe, on the following page:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... HEAD+COVER

I'd say you should pick up a number 2 also.

$20 fix and won't take you more than 30 minutes once you've got the parts.

· Registered
37 Posts
Not sure if this is related, but wouldn't it be more likely that the gasket under the rocker arm assembly is leaking into the spark plug bore than the gasket at the top under neath the cylinder head cover?

Just curious as I noticed the same problem as well, preparing to remove and replace the valve stem seals.

· Registered
779 Posts
Yup. I've noticed that the D15B2 always leak oil thru the valve cover grommets. Do the whole gaskets for under 30$ with brand new seals, takes about 1/2 an hour.

· Registered
37 Posts
@jmart

On that honda parts page, #3 is the part you're talking about right? That's one per plug, correct? (Derp, edit: just read that, and yes, you say specifically "4")

I figure if it could be a cause, then I'd do well to get them while I have everything already apart... especially since I'm buying all sorts of gaskets from them right now, and bolts... long story.

:D

· Registered
2,037 Posts
AngryUndead said:
Not sure if this is related, but wouldn't it be more likely that the gasket under the rocker arm assembly is leaking into the spark plug bore than the gasket at the top under neath the cylinder head cover?

Just curious as I noticed the same problem as well, preparing to remove and replace the valve stem seals.
Is there a gasket under the rocker arm assembly?

· Registered
37 Posts
Ummm, maybe on top of the rocker arm assembly. My memory is really fuzzy right now. There's an O-Ring. Nope, certainly underneath... well, actually between the rocker arm assembly and the top of the head. Thats probably a better way of describing it.

Here, parts 17 and 18.

I may be crazy, but I don't think about that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.