Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
While I'm a synthetic user, I'd say you should use a less expensive oil unless you are sure it neither burning nor leaking.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Im a big beliver in the royal purple oil. That matched with the K&N filter is a good option. The nice thing about it is, i run close to 10000 miles before changing it and dont have a problem.

Im right now running 5w30 but only because i live in the colder weather of New England. Depending on the temp, you should be running a 10w30 for best protection. If its colder then id say about 40, run the 5w30 for quicker start-ups, but 10w30 for all temps above that.

Warning, do not use the royal purple tranny oil. For the tranny, run the Honda MTF if you want a good oil for the tranny.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Paul said:
what would be a good oil to use in an HF motor goin on 200,000 miles that burns oil
The cheapest you can find

·
Registered
632 Posts
cbp_crx said:
yeah, if its burning it, id just go to walmart and get that supertech crap or whatever its called
I don't know about that stuff, the only honda engine I've had to start knocking was while I was running that oil, and it had oil in it. I'd at least get something a little better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.