Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i wanna install an orange led tube just for some extra lighting and to look "cool" i know what your thinking why did you buy them you stupid ricer. it was impulse i'm sorry anyway i don't know how to install them like where to hook the wires to and i need help.

·
Registered
818 Posts
well first of all where are you thinking of installing the tube? and is it an EL tube or more like a cold cathode tube? either way you will need a 12v charge usually depending on where you hook it up you could draw power from your cigarette lighter or from many other places. a good idea is to hook it up somewhere that the key has to be set to acc to turn it on or to hook up a toggle switch in the dash...

·
Registered
529 Posts
i have a blue one under my dash, its dim enough to only give a little glow around your feet... i think it looks pretty cool and it matches my alpine CD player.

i just hard wired it to the back of the cigarette lighter so it gets power all the time. But its sound activated so when i start my car it turns on because of the vibrations. ... or you can smack the window and it flashes for a second :oops:

·
Registered
267 Posts
one of my future plans of what i wanted to do is install some LEDs all around in the crx and wire them up to the dome light so they turn on when i open the doors..i just love modding things with leds cause its fun

i want to put a few behind all the speaker grills, under the dash wherever i can think of and they draw little power

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so if i hook up the positive and negative wires to anyother wire it won't like over power the lights and cause some kind of electric disaster. as far as meeting i can't move the car no license means no liability insurance unless your willing to drive to my house and we can have an awsome photoshoot with 2 crx's that'd be awsome. anyway thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.