Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i found a 1990 dx near me the house looks abandoned and the car looks like its been sitting forever, further inspection, 55000 on the spedo, 3 inches of dust, spider webs across the interior, and the exp tags.........dec 95

this car is so freegin untapped it isn't even funny, i got the vins and everything, how do i find who owns this car!!!!

please please please, does anyone know how to pull strings or anything, i want this rex, i will take mine to the junker and treat this one with jdm mad respect

heres the pics

·
Registered
778 Posts
If it looks like nobody lives there, the person who used to might have died. Find out who lives there at the court house. Find out if they are dead or not. You may have to track down their grave. Then see if any next of kin are in line to get the car. If so, figure out if they own the car yet, and offer them some money to get rid of it, or something like that. Tell them you'll get rid of the car for free, give them some reason.

I know in order to buy a house that the owner has died, you have to track a bunch of stuff down. Ask the local court house what to do if you really want the car. Figure out who owns it and try to contact them first.

·
Registered
952 Posts
There are many problems with a car that has been sitting for many years though. Fuel go's bad, animals make nests in the muffler and heating ducts. If you did get this car, you would have to put alot of time cleaning at the ducting and checking the muffler. You have to ask yourself, is it worth it? Also ask yourself, why has the car been sitting so long? You dont know if the engine is any good in it. Just some questions that should be asked before jumping head first into this project.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The Si I have sat for a year. The rotors rusted to the pads and calipers. Other than that, it started right up. Fluids were all good, but I replaced them anyway.

If you can get it for a good price, it's worth it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Dren said:
The Si I have sat for a year. The rotors rusted to the pads and calipers. Other than that, it started right up. Fluids were all good, but I replaced them anyway.

If you can get it for a good price, it's worth it.
Was it garage? I had an older car that sat outside for a year, and it runs fine, but im finding rat nest all over in the intake for the heater and the exhaust caught fire when we first started it up atfer the year beacuase a chipmunk built a nice nest in it. Just a word of warning to the cars that sit for longer then a year.

By looking at the pics, this car has been sitting for more then a year. I'd say at least 3 years if not more. drivin legal was in 95. Thats 11 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.