Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Whoa...the Mugen ZC looks HOTT!

I wanna hump it!....do they still make'em or are we stuck with 'Techno R' version or whatever its called.. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks, I'd never seen those first two pictures before. I've actually got that Mugen brochure though as the centerpiece of my CRX collection.

·
Registered
779 Posts
tyson said:
could you elaborate on that. seriously. im just wondering why you cant appreciate the thought and engineering and quality of their stuff.
No I'm not saying the engineering is bad, nor that it's of low quality. I just prefer the stock OEM look vs. the mugen bodykit look. You do know it's personal preference as to what you like, right? I'm not wrong because I don't like the OMG JDM MUGEN stuff lol.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
no, youre not wrong in having an opinion or preference. im not implying that.

im just wondering what your perspective of "mugen" is. nowadays its easy to have a jaded view when you see stupid (fake) emblems being sold on ebay, and mugen this and that. but their real stuff is good and much more than just a good looking (or not) body kit. like i said in the honda tech post, theres real engineering put into that stuff, beyond just a fancy looking cover.

·
Registered
779 Posts
tyson said:
no, youre not wrong in having an opinion or preference. im not implying that.

im just wondering what your perspective of "mugen" is. nowadays its easy to have a jaded view when you see stupid (fake) emblems being sold on ebay, and mugen this and that. but their real stuff is good and much more than just a good looking (or not) body kit. like i said in the honda tech post, theres real engineering put into that stuff, beyond just a fancy looking cover.
Oh don't get me wrong it's the nicest kit for a CRX. Probably the only kits that truly fit. Mugen has good parts, but for there cost you can get much better ones (depends on your application) for much less price. If I was baller and just wanted the Mugen stuff it would be 100% performance, no show except the wing.

And I must say those rims on the blue CRX you posted are very played out. Is it just me or are they on all the 'jdm' (usdm wannabes) crxs? I dunno.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
don't slap me too hard, but are those headlights a little longer than the US ones? Maybe it's an optical illusion.

anyway, mugen stuff looks (and I guess performs) great. I've never seen any stuff in person, just pics. If I had the cash, I'd go for some mugen style.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
well the MR5's werent very "played out" until very recently, within the past 3 years. before that, nobody really liked them, and ppl would say they looked gross and looked like ronal teddy bear hub caps... so yeah, its a trend thing. but its passed, judging by how cheap they sell and are under bid for on ebay now. before they were hot, like 1-2 years ago. now theyre nothing. trust me, ive been tracking...

needless to say, i have a set of 14" MR-5's as well. used to have the full lug and center set until i lost one center cap. ill never use them anyway. i did use them to race with, before i had two sets of 14x7 panasports. but now i just have azenis on them....

i also recently obtained a set of CF-48's. brand new, never used. with the diffuser discs. NEVER MOUNTED. still in the mugen box. theyre only 13", but so damn clean. ill never mount them either. its just part of the collection. as stupid as it may seem to you, and anyone else with a brain, its just worth it to me to just own.

also, like i tried to point out on honda tech. that kit is more than just looks. the rear bumper and muffler are integrated to create downforce. this is something not carried over in any of the replicas. the front bumper also goes far underneath until the engine to give more downforce too. its very performance oriented, including that rear spoiler to reduce drag and increase downforce/grip and stability.

yes, the JDM headlights are a different shape. its not a mugen thing. also look at how the center of the hood rises instead of dips down.

anyway. if its simply an issue of cost, well mugen isnt JUST in the business of selling products to the public. its about design and engineering. name another company so into high end motorsports that also offers consumer products at cheap/competitive prices. thats simply not their market.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.