Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
crxgator said:
idk how he made cover especially with all those gaps and mismatched bumper years/molding... :?
You know I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't going to say it. Pretty nice car, but cover car? I don't know. I'll have to buy the mag and read about it. The wheels are rare, that's for sure. I guess that's all I'll say before reading the article.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
My god what they put in magazines nowadays.
It's a nice project car...but 4 pages of "clean rex" ass-kissing??
Fix the gaps. Align the corners and headlights. Put the damned correct mouldings on. Scrape off the overspray on the weather stripping and tail rubbers.
Put the interior back in.

...then we'll see if it's a cover car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Richrowa said:
iLLA said:
damn...made me cry tears of joy! sucha clean ass rex. wha also caught my eye was the 400hp single cam head, i wanna read that! crazyness!!!!
The picture is not of a single cam engine????
lol. i think he meant he wanted to see the article on the 400hp SOHC. he didnt mean the rex had it.

the cover says the rex has a b16a.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I definately dont see that as a cover car and/or clean. By clean I think a lot of cars just have to have a decent paintjob? I mean for godsake it has stickers on the bumper and no interior.

Its still a nice car and fun to look at and probly great to drive but I dunno with so many badass cars out there I just see imperfections when I look at covercars or showcased cars.

·
Registered
364 Posts
It looks decent until you notice all the little things that make a clean car a clean car like all of you said the moldings, overspray proper alignment of lights, hood and bumpers.... I mean its not as clean as my car :roll: I mean look at the alignment of my hood 8) .. thought I'd post a real clean car..

I know I know its not the cleanest I just felt like being a whore. But that silver car does look good with those wheels and all..

-James-

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Not too much matches up. Its funny how anyone can make it into a magazine if you spend some money on completly useless stuff.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
SETI20 said:
My god what they put in magazines nowadays.
It's a nice project car...but 4 pages of "clean rex" ass-kissing??
Fix the gaps. Align the corners and headlights. Put the damned correct mouldings on. Scrape off the overspray on the weather stripping and tail rubbers.
Put the interior back in.

...then we'll see if it's a cover car.
Just what I thought....I got the issue in the mail testerday and flipped it open to the CRX article. I think it's great they really like to feature CRXs but all I could think is....this is the best they could find? It's hard to ignore the misaligned body panels, drooping doors, and overspray. Hardly a "clean" CRX, nice project car but if you saw it at a car show with it's hood closed 99% of us would walk right past it. Cover car? Feh.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, you guys must drink alote of hateraide. I think its a nice car, but I guess im alone on that.

**EDIT** but now that I go back and really look at the pics, that is alote of money to put into a car and not take the time to line up the body panels. The gaps on there are pretty horrible.

·
Registered
533 Posts
TSXinaREX said:
Wow, you guys must drink alote of hateraide. I think its a nice car, but I guess im alone on that.

**EDIT** but now that I go back and really look at the pics, that is alote of money to put into a car and not take the time to line up the body panels. The gaps on there are pretty horrible.
People need to understand just because someone says something about a car it isn't always hating. It is just simply pointing out the facts. A cover car IMO is a badass car and something you could barely find a flaw on and strive to maybe be like. This car has a lot of issues and thats what most of us are talking about.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Yep.... Haterade.. THATS what it is that i've been drinking these last few weeks... :roll: lol!

blah.

When will a car of this caliber ever grace the pages of Honda-Tuning?

And more importantly, why don't these import car magazines -strive- to only have top caliber cars on their cover? Is that what the editors view as "top caliber" in the Honda world? is that why they are willing to settle for cars that aren't nearly perfect?

Once again: Blah...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.