Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
torontocrx said:
Nice car.I remember seeing it for sale somewhere not too long ago, and I think Corky Bell is suppose to be some kind of turbo guru
He wrote the book on turbos. Really. "Maximum Boost". He wrote a supercharger book too, but he generally prefers the turbocharger. Runs his own performance engineering shop down in Texas.

·
Registered
433 Posts

ROAD&TRACK PROJECT CAR

ONE OF THE 1ST TURBO HONDAS IN THE US!!!!!!!!

ADULT OWNED

Was featured in Road&Track Mag. in 1988. It was also featured in Turbo Magazine as well. The car is CLEAN. I only take it out once in a while. You can eat off the interior and the motor. The reason I getting rid of the car is I have to 2 kid and 5 cars.The Crx, Turbo Prelude, 2 Rx7s and a WRX. It need more room Can you say 4 Door AMG LOL

Corky Bell did the work on this car himself. It was at cartech in Texas for more than 6 months. Then it was brought back to ATI engineering for the Magazine. ATI used the car for its plateform for for parts it made. Springs, Sway bars Ect.

It has 12,698 ORIGINAL Miles on it. The Turbo was replaced before the Turbo Magazine article. It was looked bad. So I had the Turbo rebuilt and the Pipes Heat coated.

The Turbo Sytem has Roto Master Turbo/Wastegate 6 lbs of boost, cartech FMU, Water to Air intercooler, HKS By pass valve, ATI Sway bars, Auto power Roll Bar, MSW Wheels with new Falken Rubber. Interior has Momo Wheel,Knob and floor mats.

Thanks for looking

Michael

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I remember that car from Road & Track. The guy isn't exaggerating, it was easily one of the first turbo CRXs in the country. It's a real piece of history with only 12K on the odometer let's all hope some little rich punk kid doesn't buy it to street race......

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
downest said:
It must not be THAT cool, since it keeps coming up on ebay every few months.
I suspect it probably has a lot more to do with the guy's reserve price than the coolness of the car. The car's currently at $4600+ plus and the reserve price hasn't been met. The reserve price might be $6000+ so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it does not sell again. It's a piece of history but not a cheap piece of history.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Ahh thats where my old IC came from.

See that black air-to-water IC?
I have that EXACT same one in my garage!
I've always wondered where that "strange" little turbo kit came from.
I did a lil research on "Cartech" and was impressed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I emailed the guy, but got no response. Weird considering the auction has almost ended. I'm with Mark, If I could get that car for 6000$ that would be a steal.

D.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.