Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I sort of made some progress...
I replaced the ICM thinking that was the problem, didn't seem to make a difference (except in the wallet). Someone on PGMFI.org, which it seems is down right now, suggested that I make sure the sensors are working in the dizzy by testing them with a meter and by removing the dizzy and turning it by hand. I turn it by hand and... SPARK AND FUEL! For some reason, the injectors don't work when the starter is turning the engine, but when I turn it by hand it's fine. So now I have to figure this one out... or find a way to turn the dizzy around at 7000 RPM...

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
downest said:
Ok so I sort of made some progress...
I replaced the ICM thinking that was the problem, didn't seem to make a difference (except in the wallet). Someone on PGMFI.org, which it seems is down right now, suggested that I make sure the sensors are working in the dizzy by testing them with a meter and by removing the dizzy and turning it by hand. I turn it by hand and... SPARK AND FUEL! For some reason, the injectors don't work when the starter is turning the engine, but when I turn it by hand it's fine. So now I have to figure this one out... or find a way to turn the dizzy around at 7000 RPM...
I know this may sound crazy but when the cap is off the dizzy does the rotor spin when yo crank the engine?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
downest said:
Yes, but I know I shouldn't do that too much or it will fry the igniter. It's firing the plugs but not the fuel.
With ignition off just turn the engine and see if the rotor turns. Take the plugs out and put a wrench on the pulley bolt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.