Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Gee, I don't know which part I like best...

2. Institute a national ID card.
5. Deny services to illegal aliens.
6. Illegal aliens do not have the right to free assembly and demonstration.
7. Pass an amendment to the Constitution making English the official language and excluding all other languages from Federal and State entities.
Well, maybe this part is the best...

Citizenship in the United States of America and the benefits that come with it are not a right or entitlement to anyone except those that earned them through birth or naturalization.
I'm sure glad that I EARNED my "benefits" and rights by being BORN. I really earned 'em, too -- being born was hard work!

Although all of it is a real treat. I'd really rather not even read this straight-up xenophobic **** on this forum, but whatever. It's not like online petitions serve any purpose whatsoever. Although with an impressive number of signatures, it might draw some attention...let's see how many signatures we've got...

9 Total Signatures
I had to get about 5 times that many signatures to run for student council in 6th grade. You might have better luck posting it to the morons that hang out here: http://www.minutemanhq.com/

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
What the hell is wrong with you?

First of all I find it HILARIOUS that anybody in the u.s. thinks he/she has any perocative to speak out about this. Can you say *cough*native american*cough*.

Second of all, wether or not I agree with your views, have you thought any of this through at all?

I have a couple of suggestions for you.

1. Secure America's borders.

Build plan

2. Institute a national ID card. All citizens must be issued and carry a distinctive national picture ID card.

May I suggest you learn the following sentance. You might need it. "Ausweis bitte".

here's my personal fav!
4. Institute a rewards program.

I think they should get their own uniforms too! Wouldn't that be nifty!!
How about this!? It could be a full-time job to look up "unwanted"!

7. English is the official language of the United States of America.
I'm not even going to bother with this one. Wasn't it a spaniard who discovered that rock? And what are the natives going to do?

Yea, great plan you got there.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The first step to genocide is to make the person less then a person.
Then, he isn't even human, so you can do anything you want to him, and still feel that you are a good person.
Worked for the nazi's against all that were considered"less then perfect".

What's next? slave camps?

I didn't even read your petition, as I've seen screeds like it before.

You need to read "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich"

You may get more ideas on how to make our country more "perfect".

·
Registered
778 Posts
The problem is the government, not the immigrants.

If you can get the government to quit stealing from me and giving my money to others, maybe the problem wouldn't be so bad. I don't see the immigrants coming here as anything but a good thing.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Why not include an intelligence test as a requirement for citizenship?

Speak only one language? Most immigrants speak a lot more English than the haters who may not have a firm grasp of their native language, let alone another.

Know the name of the president of Mexico? Guatamala? El Salvador? Immigrants certainly do and they know a lot more about the important social, political and economic issues of our neighbors as well as US issues.

How about an ambition test?

Are you willing to leave your family and friends to travel thousands of miles to an uncertain future? How badly do you want to work and provide for those you left behind? Would you accept entry level employment?

By those standards most US citizens would not qualify.

Haters: Stop watching Fox "News" and use the brain that you were born with. The US economy is dependant upon a large, steady supply of hard-working foriegn labor. The benefits to the ecomony (including sales, property and income taxes) far outweigh their costs.

The Untied States of America is the strongest, most vital country in the world because we are a diverse community. The weak and lazy stay home, the strong and ambitious get off their ass and come to get a piece of the American Dream.

Frankly, I am disgusted by short-sighted Haters. Apparently you do not have the imagination to see how important immigrants have been to this country historically and into the future. You Neo-Xenophobes are either intimidated by cultures and customs you are unfamiliar with or easily pursuaded by mass-media outlets who are tired of reporting the failures of the war in Iraq.

Sadly this type of fear and hate runs in waves. The Irish, Italians, Jews and Asians got this same type of reception. The rhetoric does not change, just the target group.

Haters: Learn a little about your own history, your country's economy and the dependance of America upon its immigrants.

"Ignorance leads to Fear. Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to the Dark Side."

Scott

·
Registered
214 Posts
Their is a criminal element to every population group. By that standard perhaps we should deport all criminals, citizen or not.

Staying home and "fixing" their own country is not a viable option. Look how much success we have had "fixing" Iraq.

Senator Frist is a hate-monger and a dim-bulb. He made a medical diagnosis of Terry Schiavo by watching a video tape. The materiel that comes out of his office is suspect at very best and certainly designed to support his point of view.

How can illegal immigrants represent only 5% of the total work force AND drive down wages and benefits for all US citizens? If our economy is not dependant upon them, then their presence can not be making much of an impact.

Yes we need to control our borders. Yes we need a well regulated guest worker program. Yes criminal immigrants need to be repatriated.

But we do not need to launch a Pogrom against those people who are living and working peaceably amongst us. And I am supicious of anyone who cares to qualify just exactly what culture, custom or language is "Official."

Maybe we should also decalre an offical religion, just so we have it on record. That way we all know what is the "right" way to pray.

Scott

·
Registered
603 Posts
I cannot believe that there are people that support the idea that illegal immigrants have the RIGHT to walk into our country and take advantage of our generosity.
This whole bleeding heart liberal thing has gone too far with this one. It isn't our responsibility as a country to let just whoever wants to come in do it. I don't have any problems with legal immigrants. That is what our country is all about.
Follow the proper steps and learn english. I don't think that makes me a Nazi. :cookoo:
A society without standards is a ticking time-bomb.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Coz,

First off, thank you for your service to our country. We all enjoy the freedoms and benefits of the US because of brave men and women like you.

You worked hard, kept a goal in sight and achieved much through your own hard work. That is the American Dream. Let's keep the American Dream available to all who are willing to work for it.
coz said:
I love this country and I work hard for it. I don't like seeing people mistreat it in any way and that is why I'm taking action.
Me too. Essentially we agree on the ultimate goal, I believe we are just a bit out of synch on how to achieve it. Maybe I mis-read your message but it appears that you would sweep everyone out, good and bad. I agree that the bad should go, that the defense of the border should be better and there should be an orderly and well regulated method to allow guest workers.

My concern is for a lack of cultural acceptance. It looks to me that this is not so much an issue of labor force or social services but of accpetance of residents who do not look, talk or live JUST LIKE US. The Nazi anology applies because they used the same tactics and legislation to achieve racial purity.

Scott

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes I did read it and it strikes me as being stupid at best and racist at the very least.

Denying public health services to anyone is a danger to everyone.
Paying informants is a Stalin tactic.
Denying civil rights to a class of residents is unconstitutional.

Think long and hard about your tactics to achieve your goal. The ends do not justify the means.

Scott

·
Registered
78 Posts
Scott, does the constitution cover the rights and privelages of US citizens only or is it a constitution of the United States and everyone who happens to be here? That's the first and foremost problem I see in this whole thing. It's my belief that there are people who are covered by the constitution (ie: legal US citizens and resident aliens) and those who are not (ie everyone else). Is this a means of declaring open season to violate every person who isn't a citizen that's here, by no means, but on a very simple level they are not the same as you or I. They are not citizens or legal residents/visitors.

Once that fact is squared away, you start to look at other things. What difference does that make whether they're citizens or not? Let's just look at what the government gets out of us citizens. Taxes. A noncitizen/resident/visitor doesn't pay taxes (beyond any sales tax in the state they're located in). What do these taxes do, what do we get from the government? The government provides services for everyone, and in this case whether they're a citizen or not right now they are provided for, and that's highly unfair. Not only that, but because the smaller source of money (citizen's taxes) must cover the larger group of people. That's one of the primary drains of these people, and no ammount of cheap labor (which only helps drive down the paying wage for others) can make up for it.
And of course, don't forget that as was mentioned any illegals who do further illegal activities in this country who go before a court must find legal representation, usually provided by the government, and either housed in a corrections facility or deported (where it's very likely that they owuld just return). Who foots the bill for that? Even legal citizens who break the law pay the taxes that help fund the justice system.

·
Registered
778 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
Dren said:
If you can get the government to quit stealing from me and giving my money to others, maybe the problem wouldn't be so bad. I don't see the immigrants coming here as anything but a good thing.
They are oftentimes giving "your money" to the illegals. How's that feel?
That was my point. Get rid of welfare and all of the other "handouts" the government gives to the illegals and the less fortunate and the problem will be solved. Let them come here and make a life for themselves if they wish. The government makes some lives better at the expense of others. That is not right. Trying to make a good life for yourself is just fine.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.