Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking clutchs, and when I put the a6 in my hf I'd like to get a rather gripy/ grabby clutch. I dont think I would ahve to much issue with driving it daily and my leg getting tired.

I dont think Im going to get a lighter flywheel.

Just wanting everybodys thoughts and opionion on puck clutches. And if you got one, would it be a 4 puck or a 6 puck?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the clutchmasters stage 4 clutch in my car.It's a four puck sprung hub.It's a necessity for my car because of the power output.It can be a little tricky engaging it in first gear,but going through the gears it's smooth.If I had a stock or lightly modded motor I wouldn't even think of going past a stage 2 and stay away from unsprung and puck clutches for daily drivers unless absolutely necessary to hold power .In my opinion CLUTCHMASTERS are #1.Just my two cents :D

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
i had a 4 puck unspriung in my hatchback. it was a bear to drive, but the clutch held up great.

we just recently put a sprung puck clutch in my buddy kevs turbo civic, the engagement is much better then my unsprung one.

my clutch was like an on/off switch.

[email protected]

·
Registered
779 Posts
Puck clutches are very grabby and sensitive. There is very little room to ride them into a smooth touch. Make sure you don't go too crazy, cause then you will regret it in driveability. If your car is a daily, I would advise against it if you like smooth driving. Grabby clutches aren't as fun in traffic either.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Im going to go with a sprung 4 puck, the spec stage 3 probably.
I was examining a stock clutch today and I think I can take a 4 puck...
I also hope this clucth will last awhile, take a few beatings.

The car its going in wont be my daily as Im getting another. Its just going to be a drag, toy.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice...let me know how well it does. Ill be ordering mine in a few weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.