Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mithuth said:
The only way you'd ge tthat view is if you piled all your snow, maple leafs and pine cones on top of eachother and stood on the vary peek ... :lol:
Though not my intention to illustrate, one might also say we're looking down upon you. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
OBD1 Kenobi said:
mithuth said:
The only way you'd ge tthat view is if you piled all your snow, maple leafs and pine cones on top of eachother and stood on the vary peek ... :lol:
Though not my intention to illustrate, one might also say we're looking down upon you. :p
I'ts ok, we've looked down on you for so long it's only fair we let you feel like part of the group once in a while. Like that one kid we all grew up with. His name changed from place to place, but his roll in the group usually involved everyone else making fun of him when he wasn't looking... :lol:

I'm just kidding and pokin some fun. I really think tha'ts a neat persepctive on how the view could be made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
All of a sudden, the US starts to look like the deep south - like some leadership folk from TX think it should behave............

Nice perspective - hey there's a real world out there too..............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw this thread edging towards a war of words against eash others' countries. I have a lot of ammunition but I'm too mature in my old age to use it. (I have a juicy one I've been saving for "lucky" individual whose earned it. (Fuck! I feel like Ken Woods.)

I have numerous friends worldwide, many of them Americans. I don't like every American. I don't like every Canadian. I probably hate more Canadians than Americans, mainly on the list from commuter traffic. (Our nearest neighbours in Washington have better drivers than in BC for sure. I'll admit to that.)

When I was at CRXPO 2004, the last meet with my first CRX before it was killed by one of those BC drivers (by way of Hong Kong - nudge-nudge), I felt no different around the Northern Californians who made me part of their routine for the weekend. I showed-up early prior to a MPFI conversion of a DX and ended-up doing a chunk of the work.

If you want to be perceived as a sociable person, present yourself that way. Diplomacy works better in the long run even though sometimes I think a punch in the nose speaks quite loudly. The latter is not how civilised people with really fun cars should communicate, even in jest on this medium. Smilies only go so far. In person, if you can sense that it'd be okay to joke-around, then sure. Go for it.

(Incidentally, right after work, I poppedhome quickly, let the dogs out and changed. Then I drove down to Washington to get a new toy to play with from Radio Shack.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
rex2nr said:
Its amazing how fast the buds popped up on the trees... spring is comin!

(I've been pruning cherry and apple trees the last 4 weeks)
And yet its snowing right now.

After watching the movie Canadain Bacon, ive always been a bit more careful (You guys are way to protective of your beer). :lol: {joke}

Like OBD 1 said, when i went up to Canada for N12, no one picked me out because i was americain, the cashiers didnt know how to take my money, which i thought was funny, but i had a blast up there. Cant wait to go up this year. I dont know what some peoples problem is with Canada but i think America has more problems then Canada.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
jfrolang said:
I once heard a Canadian say "We're bigger, and we're on top." It's just a shame that you're outnumbered and the government of Canada seems to give in to every US whim.
Spoken like a true american. Get a clue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Dodo said:
rex2nr said:
Its amazing how fast the buds popped up on the trees... spring is comin!

(I've been pruning cherry and apple trees the last 4 weeks)
And yet its snowing right now.

After watching the movie Canadain Bacon, ive always been a bit more careful (You guys are way to protective of your beer). :lol: {joke}

Like OBD 1 said, when i went up to Canada for N12, no one picked me out because i was americain, the cashiers didnt know how to take my money, which i thought was funny, but i had a blast up there. Cant wait to go up this year. I dont know what some peoples problem is with Canada but i think America has more problems then Canada.
I tried paying with Canadian money and the lady said it was counterfit, as the bill was purple ($10). It goes both way for the money haha.

And yes, we are very protective of our beer (which is alot stronger :p ).
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,557 Posts
ludesrv said:
jfrolang said:
I once heard a Canadian say "We're bigger, and we're on top." It's just a shame that you're outnumbered and the government of Canada seems to give in to every US whim.
Spoken like a true american. Get a clue.
I knew that was going to come across wrong. I have nothing against Canada, I even considered moving there for a while.

The population thing = fact. No way around it, and it doesn't make you less of a country. It's just a rebuttal to the aforementioned Canadian saying about geography.

The thing about Canadian politics giving in to US desires really is a shame. I hate that the US goes around forcing its policies on the world.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
jfrolang said:
The thing about Canadian politics giving in to US desires really is a shame. I hate that the US goes around forcing its policies on the world.
The US is the only country with whom we share a land border. Our economy is so tightly controlled by US interests that we're pretty much a lame duck. Politicians are always swayed by special interest groups. The US has our politicians by their almost non-existent balls.

It also doesn't help that our idiot population voted in a "new conservative" government. Our Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, is just as much of an idiot as George Bush...he just doesn't have the capital resources to crank up a "war machine" to further his own personal financial interests.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
i used to go fishing up near ontario every summer, it was worth the 8 hour drive both ways every time :) BOBS LAKE!!!! I need to get my ass back there and arrive in style with my deprived US version of a crx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found this link several years ago called An American's Guide to Canada. It was written by an American woman who spent some time here.

THE LINK

jfrolang said:
I knew that was going to come across wrong. I have nothing against Canada, I even considered moving there for a while.
I had a pleasant chat with JFROLANG for a bit a few days back. I don't hold your post against you. I knew you were making a joke. Living next to the US, getting your media, Canadians have evolved to have a thicker skin. Just remember, (formatted as Confucious) "One who holds his nose high sooner or later steps in $h!t."
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top