Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a d16y8 swapped in my crx not too long ago. A jrsc also went in with it. When the swap was done the guys at the shop plugged the hoses for the heater and the a/c stopped working. As me moving to Idaho nears closer I need that heat. So I took it in to a local shop that ive gone to before and had them fix it.

Once they fixed it under somewhat of agressive accel. it shoots up to 4/5 on the temp gauge. I shut it down immediatly. Note this is only with the A/C on. With it off its done it only on a rare occasion. With the heat on it does ok. The top thermostat hose is very hot but the bottom isnt has hot as the top. Im assuming its the thermostat not letting enough coolant through when the a/c is on? Maybe its sticking? The people that got the engine said its around a 40k mile engine but my brother remembers the shop saying something around 80k. It does suck not having the facts right.

Would a stuck therm be a contributing problem here?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL I always get a kick out of that 35-40 crap Laughing
I don't because I know for sure as hell it ain't true!

Thanks for the info. Ill be doing some work on it today. Ill post back if problems are still there.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it has to be the fact that I now have a/c. I ran the s/c without the a/c working and no overheating issues whatsoever. Now I have to have the temp gauge on hot for the coolant to flow or else ill start to over heat. Im thinking about a new rad very soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.