Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm repainting my kids trikes and ran into a problem. I'm painting one purple, the other yellow and black. I had THOUGHT I had gotten to the final step - applying clear - when I applied it the previous coats of all colors CRINCLED! GAAA!

I waited overnight before applying the clear - do I just have to wait much longer or am I missing something stupid?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I agree with SETI20
different type of paint.... lacquer and enamel or something like that....

I ran into that painting a car once used the wrong primer and it all crinkled looked cool except for the fact that it was ON THE SIDE OF THE CARS FINISH

time or a do over.....

i hate when crap like this happens.... Oh well.....
live and learn I guess

good luck to you . .

Chris

·
Registered
62 Posts
is a crincle like in lil cracks or like an outside of an orange (orange peel)

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
like said its probably different brands of paint. i painted a metal bakers rack for my g/f. ran out of white paint, got a couple new cans and the new paint peeled the old right up.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
sounds like the clear was a laquer, and the base was an enamel.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All was enamel, and the same brand (rustolium). Someone on another board mentioned that could happen when you put on clear too thick, which I did.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
xxpaulcpxx said:
All was enamel, and the same brand (rustolium). Someone on another board mentioned that could happen when you put on clear too thick, which I did.
well, at least that makes fixing it easier. Just need to sand it out. You should be fine as long as the bottom coat didn't get pulled up too much.

·
Registered
119 Posts
light, light coats, dont try to get a final finish in one or two sprays. anytime i rattle-can anything now i expect the project to take me a few days start to finish.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pag said:
light, light coats, dont try to get a final finish in one or two sprays. anytime i rattle-can anything now i expect the project to take me a few days start to finish.
Ah yes, the young Jedi (me) learns a new lesson. Much nicer lesson than that whole anvil on the head thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts