Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also, my parking brake light does not go off when I take off the brake. The it is connected as it should be. Anyone have any bright ideas right off hand?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting, I did not know the dummy light signified low brake fluid too. Makes sense now that i remember plugging in those two wires to the reservoir.
Thanks guys, I'll go check and let ya know.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whew! That reservoir was nearly empty. Filled it and sure enough, the light went out. But it makes me wonder... is the master cylinder leaking???

·
Registered
150 Posts
Must be rash of "low brake fluid" going on. The wife told me a couple of weeks ago that the "brake attention" light in the dash cluster on her DX was coming on once in a while. I checked the fluid level, and yup, it was low. Bought a fresh pint and topped both our CRX's off while I was at it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Low brake fluid could also be caused by normal pad wear...but most likely not in this case if it was almost empty. I would first check the master cylinder for wetness or peeling paint, as brake fluid is not nice to paint. The second thing I would suggest is the flexible lines that go to your calipers... both of mine were cracked pretty badly, one even to the point where I went to stop at a red light and all of my brake fluid went out the crack in the hose rather than to the brakes. That was interesting. Lastly, I would check the rear wheel cylinders for leaks...they aren't too expensive and fairly easy to replace while doing rear brakes.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya, i did check already. I noticed when i got the car and pulled the engine that the paint on the bottom of the booster, below it on the rear crossmember all of the paint had peeled. I knew this was from fluid but chalked it up to someone stupidly spilling fluid. now I'm concerned that it might be a slow (or fast) leak. I'm going to put the mc, booster and calipers from my wrecked 91 Si on there eventually so it doesn't matter to much. i am however planning a road trip to Ohio in a week, so I'll carry some extra fluid with me and see how it goes.
Thanks for all the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.