Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can go directly to my 89 model year here, but if I try to just go through the menu to get to it, I only get 90/91 parts. :shock:

It is gonna be a bit less enjoyable owning these cars as parts become hard to come by...what will we do besides junk yards?

·
Registered
566 Posts
what parts are discontinued? im in need of some body parts (if i dont find a suitable shell) and i dont want to bother ordering if i cant get them.

im pretty sure the rear 1/4's are no more, but parts that are high on my list

HF front "bumper" beam (or lack thereof lol)
both front fenders
Si front lip/spoiler
side trim (trim in middle of door, on fenders and rear 1/4)

·
Registered
566 Posts
ok... im saying some poeple have mentioned certain parts no longer available from the dealer. im asking which of my parts are no longer available. as in if it was common knowledge that certain items can no longer be obtained. im not talking about reman parts, just dealer parts.

·
Registered
20,278 Posts
FooFighter said:
I don't think you can get floor mats, or shifter knobs from the dealership...

but those are the only two I have personally tried to get and been told they where discontinued.
Floor mats are discontinued and very hard to find, but shift knob doesn't vary too much, if at all, and can be pulled from any 88-2000 Civic.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought mine from them (Actually, I was the one who got them to make a second gen logo design). The thing has shredded pretty quickly. I think the craftsmanship is poor. Bummer, they live about 10 miles from me.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
A few months ago I tried to order some trim pieces from Majestic. One of the pieces I ordered was in stock. The other piece was "out of stock". So I called to find out the status. I was told the part was on "permanent backorder". The right and left body panels are no longer available. Things like seat foam, seat covers, floor mats, foglights have all been long discontinued. I wonder just how many parts are now limited to the stock dealer's have on hand?

·
Registered
20,278 Posts
FooFighter said:
If I was at home I would post the link to that after market crx floor mat site. Really cool I plan on buying a full set from there if my car is ever plated.
If they are the same ones that are talked about in the link below,
http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t ... floor+mats

i would not order them now. I was going to order them, but once i heard that the craftsmanship was poor and they wore out quickly, i lost interests.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
FooFighter said:
i would not order them now. I was going to order them, but once i heard that the craftsmanship was poor and they wore out quickly, i lost interests.
I have them. I took out my OEM mats (to keep them nice) and replaced them with those. Pros - they look good, match the carpet perfectly, the "CRX" logo looks good. Cons - Pricey, I think I ended up paying around $65 for the stitched "CRX" mats. I had them in the car about week and noticed the "CRX" logo was stained. I didn't spill anything, it was just dirt, normal stuff from getting in and out of the car. Also if you get the CRX logo they trim the carpet down to stitch it in so it creates a hole that collects tons of dirt. I ended up putting a truck style rubber mat on top of the driver's side (just like I had with the OEM mats)......

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ti Rider said:
A few months ago I tried to order some trim pieces from Majestic. One of the pieces I ordered was in stock. The other piece was "out of stock". So I called to find out the status. I was told the part was on "permanent backorder". The right and left body panels are no longer available. Things like seat foam, seat covers, floor mats, foglights have all been long discontinued. I wonder just how many parts are now limited to the stock dealer's have on hand?
like ANY body panel? or just the rear 1/4's?

·
Registered
779 Posts
GSRCRXsi said:
Ti Rider said:
like ANY body panel? or just the rear 1/4's?
They destroyed the stamping molds in the early 90s. Most panels that you can get where the extras stamped that never got sold. Most were stamped in the late 88s early 90s as accident replacement panels. They cost an arm and a leg. I priced out rocker panels for my hatch. It was well into the 600-700$ for 2 panels. I'd rather get the el cheapos and spend a little more time fitting them on. But now I'm gonna have to the do the 1/4 panels too...and a roof skin...and a new hood...and new door skins...man, this cars almost not worth painting again lol.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
For any aftermarket fabric products, I highly recommend Scotch Guarding them before putting them in the car. Most aftermarket companies skip this step when producing their products.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.