Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone has experienced anything like this, but I just reassembled my rex after replacing the clutch, flywheel, and cv axles.... and I've been noticing something... MY AXLES SMELL LIKE DANK WEED. this is really bothering me because all the police around here profile hondas like nobodies business, and id really rather not get pulled over with my car smelling like bob Marley's wardrobe. Anyone else experience anything like this, or what could be causing it? Imcompletely baffles by this. :p

· Banned
2,708 Posts
You know.......Alot of work is being done in Mexico and the axles could of been remaned in that country. Or your auto parts store is blazing up in the back and I cant believe the got the right part numbers :D . They do that here and I always get the wrong part brought out to me lol.

· Registered
1,938 Posts
You know man, the steering wheel my girlfriend picked up for me on ebay smelled like weed for like a good bit, so much so that it overpowered my car freshener before finally at least blending with the smell.

I still get a hint of it but overall i think it'll kinda just work itself out. Also since it gets more outside air than your car's cabin the smell should go away fairly fast. :)

The worst part in BC is when they do road checks for drunk drivers, the cops really stick their head in the drivers window to better smell your breath for any trace of alcohol when you answer their question. I was a bit scared that they'd smell the fumes coming from the steering wheel and think i'd have a stash of weed somewhere in the car. :D :mrgreen:

· Registered
20,448 Posts
Okay. I worked at autozone for 5 years and im currently working for ThePartsHouse. You arent crazy. Ive noticed this time and time before but was always told that im crazy. I swear i think they are smuggling something or the grease just smells like that. And people who dont know the smell of reefer hust deny it and call us bat **** crazy.
A profound and worthwhile response to a 10+ yr old thread...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts