Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many of you out there auto-x, or just like to drive aggressively. Old school heel-toeing feels funyn to me in the crx, but the pedals seem a little too small and a little too far apart for me to comfortably operate both with the ball fo my foot.
Has anyone had success with a certain type of pedals/pedal covers?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I used several sets. Most of them momo.
I have a set of cheapo's now that aren't bad either. Just make sure they're good and tight.

Somehow I grew fond of how stock pedals feel, and with the right shoes I don't need the pedal covers.
It's just that my legs are too long to turn them like you see the japs do. I usually use the ball-of-foot technique.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
SETI20 said:
Somehow I grew fond of how stock pedals feel, and with the right shoes I don't need the pedal covers.
It's just that my legs are too long to turn them like you see the japs do. I usually use the ball-of-foot technique.
I agree, get the right shoes and you will be all set. It also helps to extend the steering wheel via a spacer or QR hub, so your knees don't hit. I just picked up a pair of theseGBX Shoes on sale. If you can find them near you look at all the colours they offer. It's kind of weird, but different colours mean different materials, for example the black is all leather, with the rubber tread pieces oon the bottom. Mine are an orange colour not offered on the site, and they are suede with suede bottom between the tread blocks, and nylon in places on the top. They are light and flexible, awesome for driving. I've been trying to get my heel-toe down since I've had them, and it's fine on stock pedals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.