Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I came home too from work...
I know my car isnt pretty but damn you cant miss it now....literally.

All I know is that it was parked when I left and then I come home and its been moved back a bit and looks like that. My bumper wasnt knocked off, it was just hanging there but I removed it so I could move the car without the bumper draging.

It wouldnt have been so bad had I not just fixed that area with a mint 90 HF front end...
Oh and it still drives just fine...except Im missing a low beam on the drivers side lol...

FOr the record, I have nothing against ********, except the ones that cant drive.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
::Edit::
Nevermind...
Your Not worth it....

Im just assuming, based on the fact that I live next to a major hardware warehouse. Its holiday and nobody has been there to ask questions as to what might have happened. I see F-250s,350s, and Dodge rams all day overthere. Once in awhile I rig will come in about everyother week.

Yes I know assumptions are bad, but thats all I have and the cars alrdy up for sale.

Who knows what happend, All I know, is that it takes ONE HELL of a SOMETHING to make THAT^^^ in a parked car.

·
Registered
734 Posts
It knocked your front bumper clean off, but left the plate? :) Honestly I can't tell how badly it was damaged because I don't know what it looked like before...headlight/corner light/fender damage?

P.S. "D-I-E-S-E-L"

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I dont have any before pics, And I should have been a bit more detailed. Its an 89 Si with or was a red 90 HF front end. Except for the bumper support.

It didnt knock my front bumper clean off, but I couldnt move the car because front bumper wouldnt stay on...So I removed it for the time being.
It also has a nice little gash from what seems to be a trailor hitch. Where the ball normally is I belive?

Oh..DIESEL... :oops:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok well that does suck. I just get cranky cuz i'm half ******* and diesel rock my socks off. Could have been a woman in an suv since it was hit in reverse :lol:

Really though most ******** pride themselves on being able to drive backwards. Don't ask me why.

It's possible to fix that damage. I had a 87 prelude with almost the same style damage and I just chopped the affected parts out and welded in new ones from a prelude that got sideswiped. PS it's not a project for the welding faint of heart. Really only took me about a day to fix it all 8)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well unfortunately, I dont have the time...nor the welding skills.
Im letting the rex go for whatever, and then Im going to save that plus more and buy another one thats in better shape to begin with.
Ill miss it, but its my first rex and I learned ALOT from it so...its time to move on. The next one, Im never leaving at home, Ill just drive it to work instead of looking for exercise.

ANd Yes your right coulda been a woman in an SUV as there is also an art kinda place (Im not sure) where they park over from the hardwareplace.

It just sucks to come home riding your bike for the exerice because your afraid of becoming a fatass and as you get closer, you see your car has a crunch all because you was getting exercise. I think Ill just goto the gym or something for now on LOL...

Sorry if I offended you, I forget there are some decent ******** out there.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I4sillypwr said:
Really though most ******** pride themselves on being able to drive backwards. Don't ask me why.
Me being a ******* myself, know this all to much. People are always asking me how i got my truck into such a tight spot. I always tell them, "I have mirrors for a reason." Most women are afird to backup just for this reason. Them and mirrors dont get along. I love my truck.

Suck to come home to this and sorry it happened. Seems like the crxs are being hunted down and kill. Who'd the CRX piss off?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know the more I look at it, it looks like a rig with a trailor backed into it...

Like how a rig has the:

_l_____l_

thing on the back bottom of the trailor?

·
Registered
952 Posts
You said it was at home depot, right. They should have video cameras in the area.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its a not home depot, just a warehouse where most companys come to get stuff. Im not exactly sure, its called Herburt and Grubb. ANd there are no cameras, this is little wee wytheville,VA.
Ive looked... :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well, I'm a woman driver, but I'm most emphatically NOT a woman SUV driver, so I didn't take offense.

But honestly, I wish drivers of big vehicles would be more careful, and/or get better mirrors! It's scary when you stop behind an F150, and your view of the driver's head and both his mirrors is completely blocked & all you see is that big tail gate. You just know they can't see you back there.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My experience with ******** is strictly related to the ones here in wythe, and trust me thier not too bright. So I probably shouldnt judge too much...

The women drive better than the ******** do around here in most cases LOL...No offense, like I said its directly realted to select people in wytheville.

Ill have to go out video taping "******* racing"...Like you guys are probably used to seeing sport compacts and sports cars racing at redlights...I see diesels...jacked up Ramms, jeeps with 10 subs hanging out, cameros with 15inch subs (stuck directly in the back window) playing rock or country. (I really dont understand that, at 10 or 12 sure but a 15?)
Sometimes I hear Bluegrass.... :lol:
Last night I had crotch rockets honking at me as I passed? Must be the one headlight and exhaust...hehe

·
Registered
317 Posts
Laure said:
But honestly, I wish drivers of big vehicles would be more careful, and/or get better mirrors! It's scary when you stop behind an F150, and your view of the driver's head and both his mirrors is completely blocked & all you see is that big tail gate. You just know they can't see you back there.
I've had this exact experience with one as it was backing up... thankfully my ZC power saved me :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Charlie said:
people are getting defensive over the ******* reference but no one minds the woman SUV driver one. :lol: :lol:
Its because even women know it's true a good majority of the time.

I almost got run the hell over in my crx by a local news lady in her big honking suv once....well I guess actually twice but it was a different news lady and in a parking lot the other time.

The news hates me. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.