Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can repaint faded trim (windows/body/bumper) with something permanent, that won't fade in several weeks as I've heard by reading other posts?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robb said:
I used duplicolor on my car in 2004, but it is already chipping off. Just in front of the rear windshield, I scrapped, primered, repainted that metal piece (separates the windshield from the roof) and it is also cracking/chipping...any suggestions for this?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Did you sand it with a light grit sandpaper before shooting down the primer? Is it possible that you're using a primer that is incompatible with the duplicolor black paint?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Forever Black worked for me... its a permanent dye. Someone else made a good suggestion about Forever Black, take the sponge applicator off and wipe it on with a soft cloth, it will be a smoother application. Also, do multiple coats...each coat is about 10% blacker.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
stickershop said:
Did you sand it with a light grit sandpaper before shooting down the primer? Is it possible that you're using a primer that is incompatible with the duplicolor black paint?
I used did sandpaper it as well as used a primer that was supposed to be compatible with Duplicolor paint.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fireant said:
Forever Black worked for me... its a permanent dye. Someone else made a good suggestion about Forever Black, take the sponge applicator off and wipe it on with a soft cloth, it will be a smoother application. Also, do multiple coats...each coat is about 10% blacker.
Where can I get Forever Black?

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'll have to take some pics to show the details.

I also used it on the rubber strip along the top of the window... mine had faded to a light gray. I put on 10 layers of Forever Black, and it looks like new again.

The only thing about forever black is that if your mouldings have gotten porous (instead of smooth) it will not make them glossy again... it will simple make them a darker black.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.