Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a guide to do this myself as I do not believe in paying someone to do it, so maybe a link to a page with a write up or just some pictures of the wires I need to run? im going to do a z6 engine in my 90 DX crx and kinda need some help...

thanks
in advance

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Have fun with the swap I believe no one truely know what they are doing with this. I don't think any two of about 15 guides that I have read have been exactly the same. :rolleyes1:

The one instrustions I have been going off of went with a depin and switch method to decrease the amount of soldering. The C1 and C2 depin and move to B10 and B12 were the same but it never said to cut the wire and connect a wire running to the engine bat to it.

So I guess I just have to say have fun and hope you find instructions that will lead to your car running since it seems that no one knows what they are doing. :?

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
pshh, i could do a mpfi swap wiring in my sleep.

the reason you see so many ways is that you can do it anyway you wish, the first time i did it I just use the FSM and changed the necessary wires (added the two injector wires, flipped the tps wires, adding the CAS, etc etc)

off the top of my head
-fix injector wiring/add ressitor box if necessary
-flip and extend TPS, extend eacv
-hookup CAS

thats all there is electronically, everything else is plumbing and bolts.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
How long are the B2 and B11 pins do you just cut them like 6'' back???

If you run a wire from each injector to the resistor box(so 4 wires) and then the 5th wire is the wire that runs off the connections of the two yellow wires from the DX harness. If I used this method then I don't have to run a wire from A15 to the resistor box, correct?

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
yeah, technically you only even need to connect one wire to the resistor box anyway, its just for +12v power. then just wire the ground triggers for the injectors up, the old dx wires are for injector 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 you need to connect right to the ecu, i dont remmebr the pins/colors off the top of my head

Ive always jsut used spare pins i had around, but if you cut them a few inches back im sure youll be fine.

iirc, you cut c1/c2 and attach them to the ecu at b10/b12, then you take the ecu side of c1/c2 and run that to bg/by CPS sesnsor on the dis

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Writeup, beta 1:

Get: Si Distributor, PM6, complete Si intake manifold, Si throttle cable, IM gasket

Do: Bolt on hardware and plumbing

Electrical:
-hookup CAS

step1:
connect one of the old yellow/black wires from the injectors to the resistor box. connect the 4 outputs to each one of the injectors.

Injector ground triggers
the old yellow wire goes to new injector 1
the old red wire goes to new injector 3
the wire you run from A3 to new injector 2
the wire you run from A7 to new injector 4

step2:
flip the green and yellow wire on the tps and extend it
extend the eacv plug

step3:
iirc, you cut c1/c2 and attach them to the ecu at b10/b12, then you take the ecu side of c1/c2 and run that to bg/by CPS sesnsor on the dis

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I plan on taking some pictures and hopefully I can put together a very detailed write up.

Matt what I did was I took C1 and C2 and put them in B10's and B12's spots. Then I took B2 and B11( since they are not used) and put them in C1's and C2's spots. It think I am getting this stuff straightened out finally. :p

·
Registered
663 Posts
mattminerDOTcom said:
Writeup, beta 1:

Get: Si Distributor, PM6, complete Si intake manifold, Si throttle cable, IM gasket

Do: Bolt on hardware and plumbing

Electrical:
-hookup CAS

step1:
connect one of the old yellow/black wires from the injectors to the resistor box. connect the 4 outputs to each one of the injectors.

Injector ground triggers
the old yellow wire goes to new injector 1
the old red wire goes to new injector 3
the wire you run from A3 to new injector 2
the wire you run from A7 to new injector 4

step2:
flip the green and yellow wire on the tps and extend it
extend the eacv plug

step3:

[email protected]
Ok im looking into doing this to my car, how hard is this too do? Do you have picture of the process?

·
Registered
663 Posts
well from reading your DIY it seems easy enough as long as you know what each part is and where it goes,...... I have a few friends who have build CRX's before so Ill have to get with them and see what can be done. thanks man

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
After being very frustrated with the wiring when I was doing mine( you can kind of tell this by my above post) I must say that it is not very tough. I have some pictures from when I did mine. I might try making a write-up but I will first find out if it starts before I do that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.