Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

My windshield needs to be pulled and resealed all the way around, but I'm also getting water on the floor behind the seats, and it is pooling up on the 3/4 window trim where the hatch struts pop out and then dripping down onto the rear speaker covers.

I've checked all my door and hatch weatherstripping and it is dry after it rained all night and is still raining this morning :(

Do those black plastic trim thingies that are on the outside above the door running from the front of the roof to the back designed to keep water or other stuff out?

Other than this, the car is running like a champ

Help!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
The black strips on the roof are just trim. The water is supposed to be sealed out by seam sealant under those strips. It's been caimed (I haven't seen it myself) that the sealant cracks as the car gets older, eventually leaking through. Carfully pry the strips off, put some fresh caulk or RTV over the joints and snap them back in place.

·
Registered
500 Posts
black_krix_si said:
its probably leaking in from the washer squirter on the roof. there is a little rubber gasket under the nozzle. thats where mine is leaking from.
Did you ever fix that? Mine leaks from there too, and I decided to fork over the $17 to get a new one. Any tips on getting the old one out of there? Its in there pretty good, and I'd rather not damage the roof.

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
bobski said:
The black strips on the roof are just trim. The water is supposed to be sealed out by seam sealant under those strips. It's been caimed (I haven't seen it myself) that the sealant cracks as the car gets older, eventually leaking through. Carfully pry the strips off, put some fresh caulk or RTV over the joints and snap them back in place.
I will support the "claim" that the seam sealer can crack and leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.