Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well seeing crxfishers uber clean rex reminded me that mine is looking pretty rough. And I havent shown you guys my new hood.

Off to paint in a week or so. Im in a mad rush to finish the body work.

One of my favorite pieces. Screw 300-400 for an oem zc hood thats 14 years old and got some dings. VIS CF $422 Shipped

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I love that hood..... does the vis fit prefectly? the rest of the gar looks great too..... blow some paint on it and it will be gorgeoud.....

Chris

·
Registered
164 Posts
nice hood meng. i'll be getting a cf hood with zc bulge for my 1g in a few months :)

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Nice mine looked alot like that about a year ago. The only problem I had was getting the door caps position just right to have a uniform gap all around and the clearances are tight when the door is opened with the fender. Got to get it just right.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cant get my driver side just right but the rest was perfect. As for the VIS hood....almost perfect fit, it sits a little lower than my fenders towards the front.Other thatn that it seems to fit better than my oem hood.

I never could get the gap between my fenders right, put the vis on and it was right first try.

btw dont buy a cheap cf hood. my vis hood says hood pins required for saftey purposes but it uses the oem latch. I guess its a little bit of CYA on their part.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i've pretty much found that to be the understanding for most cf/fg hoods. now matter how structurually sound they are pins are recommended.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Well, if you have a VIS ZC hood, it would probably be in your best interests to get hood pins for security reasons anyways. "Thieves" (14 yr old punks) love to pry on hoods if they think you have something good under there....and if you have a nice hood, it is generally assumed you have some good stuff under it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts