Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL 54k yea that's what we use up here in Canada (we are kinda slow, you know...)
Here are some interior pictures:

I might have said before that the interior was in supreme condition but that was just the adrenaline speaking...
It is actually kind of rough. I think that all it needs is a good cleaning and some new floor mats and it would look like new again.

OK and here is the engine:

This is one thing I am not to sure on.

Is that the horn or is it an old car alarm? There are Viper stickers on the windows so I thought that might be what that is...

Oh and here is a glam shot of the back. Only angle you can't see and real damage. (ok you can see the broken tale light but that's minor...)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I went to work on the car today just pretty much going up and down every inch of the car just seeing what's all there.
So far the good:
-I replaced the broken tail light:

-I also put the windshield wipers on the front
-The sun roof works almost perfectly!

The bad:
-Discovered that the previous owner used a lot of electrical wire when he installed his stereo!

-I tried to take off the bumper but all the screws were like stripped or rusted. So I am no sure what I am going to do to get them out.

Any one else run into rusty stripped bumper screws???

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
That's an alarm in your engine bay. What's up with that mess of washer hoses? It's not nearly as bad as the mess of stereo wires though... I don't know what to recommend, except clean that up as best you can, and maybe solder in the stock harness connector, for future ease of use.

The interior looks good, just a little dusty. It should clean up nicely. It also looks like your e-brake needs to be adjusted. Pop off the little panel behind it, and tighten up the nut that's in there.

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
FooFighter said:
-I tried to take off the bumper but all the screws were like stripped or rusted. So I am no sure what I am going to do to get them out.

Any one else run into rusty stripped bumper screws???
Try taking a pair of vise-grips and clamping down around very hard on the rusted bolts. This is what i have done and it has worked for me when trying to get the bumpers off of my Crx and former Civics.

And DAMN you CANADIANS and your pillar mounted seatbelts!!!
Us stupid americans with 90-91 Si's have NO door pocket thanks to our door mounted seatbelts! :twisted:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok it's time for some more pictures!!!

Here is my new shifter

I popped off the panel under the steering wheel to see what was going on under there and saw a couple of weird things...

I noticed this thing just handing there, do you guys know what it is? Maybe part of the alarm system?

I also noticed two strange switches. I have no idea what either one does.

When I opened my hood I noticed that the washer tubes were missing the joiner thingy.

Then I followed the tubes and realized I was missing the whole washer reservoir.

So that's two more things to add to my list of things to look for at the salvage yard.
I was wondering if one of you guys could take a picture of the joiner so I can see what one looks like. Also a pic of the washer reservoir would be handy.

Yesterday I was having problems putting on my wipers. Left one seemed like it was bent or something. So when I tested them it scratched the [email protected] out of the car :evil:

I don't have a vise so I don't know how I am going to bend that wiper back up. I was thinking of just putting a hammer to it and seeing what happens but thought I should ask before I do anymore harm lol!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.