Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Stickershop or anyone else have pics of his car when it was all vinyl'd up? I just want to see how they used the color scheme.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
corner, head on, rear, side, top down maybe

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I just want to see how they used the paint lines to create shapes with the body. I am going to paint my hatch black but I might not want it simply black so I thought about a blood red pinstripe or something on the body that adds a little bit of detail. And maybe have red painted on the lip of the rims or something as well. I am just coming up with some ideas to add a little bit more detail to an otherwise boxy bland look.

I do love that styling though. I think when people do crx's and hatch's they try to make them look too retro and new. I think the older styling is better myself. Mugen things have a nice factory styled look to them.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Here's one pic for you. I'll get more up later. Everything that you see on the car that isn't white is vinyl decals. (even the red part of the car).

This design is an approximation of the Mugen design. It is actually based on the Mugen CRX that was featured in the PlayStation Gran Turismo game. The actual mugen design from that era looked a little bit different. I have only been able to find the design featured on the Mugen Civic, but haven't found actual pictures of their Mugen CRX yet.

Here's a pic of the Mugen Honda Primo Civic:

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Wow! That is a LOT of vinyl! :shock:

I think it was a good looking car though. Do you have any recent pics with no vinyl?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
crxfisher said:
I think it was a good looking car though. Do you have any recent pics with no vinyl?
I do...but they aren't very flattering. :oops:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow.

I've squinted at your avatar pic quite a few times, but thats quite a piece of work in the larger photo.

For what it is, its not bad looking, but -- that was an SE at one point.

What is the elapsed time between the theft and that picture again?

·
Registered
119 Posts
you wrapped the entire roof? i for one can definitely appreciate how difficult that was.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
fogd00d said:
What is the elapsed time between the theft and that picture again?
That picture is from about 2 years before I owned the vehicle. I can't take credit for the vinyl work on it in that pic. I certainly did appreciate how much hard work had gone into it (since that is also my line of work), and was looking to fix it up since the vinyl was starting to deteriorate by the time the vehicle was in my hands. The previous owner went cheap and only got 3 year rated vinyl for the vehicle, so it definitely needed replacing.

It was when I started to redo the kit that I realized that I had something else in my possession. A lot of the crappy white paint came off with the vinyl during removal...even though I took great care in the removal of the vinyl. Underneath the white paint was silver metallic paint...but the vin number did not indicate that it was a special edition, so I was a bit stumped at that point. It wasn't for another year before I actually found proof that it was originally a special edition (and discovered that the car was actually stolen at one point).

I take no responsibility for the defacement of the Special Edition. Since discovering that it was a special edition, I have done everything I can to try to restore it back to it's original condition. There still is a long ways to go....but I now have all of the parts that I need in order to complete the task.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Pag said:
you wrapped the entire roof? i for one can definitely appreciate how difficult that was.
I've done work like that before...and it's not the funnest/easiest job. However, on the CRX's it isn't so bad because they aren't all that tall. (and I'm 6'4", so that helps a lot!).

I eventually plan to do up my next CRX in this style again. My original plan was to re-do all the vinyl on that car...and then I discovered it was a special edition, which kind of made all my plans "jump the rails".

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So do you have any more hatch pictures that are mugen or anything like that?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
akirarex said:
So do you have any more hatch pictures that are mugen or anything like that?
Sorry, that's the only Civic Hatch pic that I could find of the Mugen Honda Primo racecar. Did you still want to see a couple of other angles of the CRX?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, the one you posted was sufficient, thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts