Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,040 Posts
the PO of my car had some tweets mounted into the door panels up in front of where the latches are. They sound good, but I found that when i cup my hand, or a paper around half of the tweer it directs the sound back toward the seats better and the sound is greatly improved. So based on that I'd just say that if you mount them in the door panels or in the dash somewhere, or ni the kick panel area, just make sure to aim them well. It makes a world of dofference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,746 Posts
Look around HT, here, and google maybe for some pics, I've seen quite a few in different places. Jmart's fit nicely in the car, they are similar to most I've seen. You could get really fancy and install power windows, and then use the crank holes as the speaker holes...

too much weight IMO :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
952 Posts
I want to mount mine where the dash and a piller come together. You can aim them towards the person and they are out of the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,040 Posts
Maybe a custom tweeter mount can be made from some small gauge pods that mount on the A pillar. Then they'd be well aimed.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,562 Posts
jmart said:
Maybe a custom tweeter mount can be made from some small gauge pods that mount on the A pillar. Then they'd be well aimed.
Sounds good, but most aftermarket gauges are 2.25", while tweeters are typically .75 or 1 inch. Assuming you're willing to fill the gaps, youd' then have a problem finding passenger-side pods. I don't know if they're sold for the JDM or UK markets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a 2000 SI that had the factory tweets, and that was a great spot to mount them. Are there power mirror kits for CRX's? It'd be pretty sweet to put those on then mount the tweets where the mirror adjustment is...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
952 Posts
Downest had a power mirror switch for sale, dont know if he still has it. That would work too. Im still thinking about the A Piller.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,596 Posts
JLAudioFan said:
Are there power mirror kits for CRX's?
Not as such. Power mirrors were optional in other markets, so you could get a set imported from another LHD country (using RHD mirrors would aim the mirrors at the passenger seat). '90-93 Integra mirrors can be adapted to fit the CRX with some careful grinding.
Unless you get power folding mirrors or something, the switch you need is the same part found in USDM Civic sedans (maybe Accords as well?). It fits in the squareish knockout below the hazard light switch.
Wiring is fairly simple - power and ground to the switch, and 3 wires to the mirror in each door. Finding a way to permanently run the wires through the door hinge area is likely the most difficult part. I used Civic sedan door connectors - they have a whole mess more wires available and still fit in the stock door opening.

I did power windows (with switches in the door - that's 5 wires vs. 2 if you mount them elsewhere), mirrors, locks, the stock door mounted seatbelt wiring, speaker wires and still had 3 or 4 left over - I may mount a gauge or something on the door later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
i mounted my tweeters at the top of the pillar on each side.. its not super clean but i ran the wiring through the weather stripping but it sounds great and is directed almost perfect for the driver and passenger gives really clear highs... i will try to get pictures.. once again not the prettiest but im sure with a little fiberglass work they would look alot better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,746 Posts
JLAudioFan said:
I had a 2000 SI that had the factory tweets, and that was a great spot to mount them. Are there power mirror kits for CRX's? It'd be pretty sweet to put those on then mount the tweets where the mirror adjustment is...
You can use sedan mirrors, if you transfer everything over to the CRX mirror shells. Jmart bought the ones I had, but I can definitely get more if you're interested. If you sent me some CRX mirrors I would even be willing to swap the sedan internals into them to make you a bolt-in kit.
I can get a LOT of power mirrors, but I can't find a damn CRX side mirror anywhere. I was thinking about trying to hoarde some and make/sell power mirror bolt-ins for the CRX, and maybe windows too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,380 Posts
JLAudioFan said:
I had a 2000 SI that had the factory tweets, and that was a great spot to mount them. Are there power mirror kits for CRX's? It'd be pretty sweet to put those on then mount the tweets where the mirror adjustment is...
I thought of mounting the tweets like the 99-00 Si(also 96-00 Ex) have but your gonna be hard pressed to get tweets mounted in that trim piece on the Crx since there is not as much room as there is on the later civics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
A buddy had his tweeters mounted down at the floor by the dead pedal and the passenger side. The reasoning is that treble seems that it can be heard a greater distance than bass and that having it closer to ear level makes it overpowing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
youd' then have a problem finding passenger-side pods. I don't know if they're sold for the JDM or UK markets.
You can get em for the RHD cars to fit over there. When you contact a company that offers pods, just write/call them and tell them you need the RHD one.

Here is a pic of my tweeters mounted:


and the rest of the stereo while we're at it:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd like to thank everyone for thier suggestions! Looks like I have many options to choose from.

zerocool1014a said:
i mounted my tweeters at the top of the pillar on each side.. its not super clean but i ran the wiring through the weather stripping but it sounds great and is directed almost perfect for the driver and passenger gives really clear highs... i will try to get pictures.. once again not the prettiest but im sure with a little fiberglass work they would look alot better
I'd really like a pic of this setup, sounds very cool!

Downest, i'd like to do try and get the power mirrors setup, but since this car is my daily driver I can't part with the mirrors and send them to you ;)
I would be interested in getting some of the internals from you though. Let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
I would start this comment by saying "no offense, but........", but I can't even do that.

How you gonna mount tweeters up there (which is unique place for them), but just tuck the wires in the plastic instead of going through the plastic? Not only that, but you had to use BRIGHT PINK connectors? I hope these pics were taken DURING the install, and not after finished product. I'm usually not that critical about other people's cars/work, but dude.............

Are the tweeters mounted, or two-sided taped on there?

I'm sorry if I'm being a d--k, but it's the first thing I thought after looking at the pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Neil said:
I would start this comment by saying "no offense, but........", but I can't even do that.

How you gonna mount tweeters up there (which is unique place for them), but just tuck the wires in the plastic instead of going through the plastic? Not only that, but you had to use BRIGHT PINK connectors? I hope these pics were taken DURING the install, and not after finished product. I'm usually not that critical about other people's cars/work, but dude.............

Are the tweeters mounted, or two-sided taped on there?

I'm sorry if I'm being a d--k, but it's the first thing I thought after looking at the pics.
No offense taken, i had stated before it was rought and also i wasnt the person who installed them.. it was the guy i bought the car from.. as for the connectors they were red i think.. just sun bleached and they are mounted with an external mount that is screwed into the plastic.. once again not the cleanest look but im sure it can be done alot better than that, i just havent had the time to make it look better and i have never worked with fiberglass or anything else so... but i can totally understand where your coming from i wish they were cleaner too.. just gotta find the time
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top