Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon fellow Honda members who took the time to read this. I posted up a thread a while back about my brake problem I had in my 1991 Honda CRX Base model. Like I said as a reminder right now there is no pressure to the brake pedal...................

1991 Honda CRX Base/ Standard Model
Automatic/ D15b2.

Problem: Car still has no pressure to the pedal when car is running. Will get pressure to pedal when car is off. When brake system is being brake bleed, Front DS / Rear PS / Front PS is fine. Thats when everything is replaced below besides the Porportioning Valve . Then all of a sudden the Front PS stop bleeding correctly. Now since the Porportioning Valve has been replaced along with eveything else , All of the brakes bleed correctly besides the Front PS as stated above. I don't know what to do

Things that have been replaced as follows:

Master Cylinder- New/ Bench Bleed
Brake Booster- Used
Brake Fluid Resivior- Used
Front Brake Calipers- New
Front Brake Pads- New
Back Brake Shoes- New
Rear Wheel Cylinders- New
Porptioning Valve- Used

I ordered the brake rubber hose on the Front PS to replace but noticed when I took it off it seems like its clogged or somthing while pressing the brake pedal and closing the hole afterwards so no air gets in.
I'm going to let my used to be atomotive teacher put it on the BG Brake Flush machine and put pressure to it and see what happens. It might work it may not. If you have any comments on this situation please give me feedback. Thanksssssss

·
Registered
58 Posts
what exactly is happening when you say it all the sudden stops bleeding correctly?? does fluid come out smooth? intermittently? no fluid coming out at all? do you have a vacuum bleeder, they are helpful sometimes if you have a very stubborn air bubble.
Did you grease your caliper slides real nice?? on a few occasions i've seen honda's that had weak pedal pressure be caused by sticking caliper slides because of the increased effort to push the piston out when the caliper freezes on the slides.

also when did this problem come about? was it prexisting before you started doing all this brake work or no?

deteriorating rubber brake hoses can also cause a clog in the line, considering you replaced pretty much everything else i'd get some because they are cheap insurance and then bleed it all again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well like i said when I took the rubber brake hose off it did the samething it would when it was on act like it was clogged lil fluid would come out on like the first 2 pumps then none. This problem was pre exsiting and i tried to over come it ive had this car sitting since august because that when this problem started, but i started the car and let it run for a while every now and then..After this BG Flush I ddon't know what els to do.
Also no i did not grease my caliper slides , i figured i didnt have to if they were brand new and how would i go about greasing them

·
Registered
58 Posts
i'd have to say replace the lines definately, even if it does'nt answer your problem its a good idea anyway. I replaced mine when i bought my Crx a year and a half ago and i remember they were pretty cheap. Like Jfro said though stainless is'nt a bad option either, i recently just bought a full set of Goodridge Stainless lines off honda-tech for like $110 shipped. I did'nt install them yet though because i head rumors that they were out very fast when exposed to dust and dirt so i'm trying to find some heat shrink wrapping to cover them all with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.