Honda CRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[POLL CLOSED] Classifieds - Post Expiration

10K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Baker 
#1 ·
When should a classifieds post be deleted because of inactivity?
1 week00.00%
2 weeks1323.21%
3 weeks1017.86%
4 weeks2239.29%
Never1119.64%

#4 ·
Good question. The easiest to do would be after inactivity. There is a built-in option to do that with the PHPBB2 software. Plus, if there is still activity, is there really a need to delete it?

#5 ·
i voted 2 weeks its not too short and not too long... I would get tired of seeing the same thing all of the time myself. but then agian i am around a computer alot.. .. There are some people that only get on the computer every few days and it gives them a chance to view it as well It would be nice if the posters could edit there as after they have sold an item to let others know that it is off the market. .
Chris

#10 ·
GSRCRXsi said:
i vote 4 weeks. how much would it suck if you really needed something only for it to go away just cause you missed it by a few weeks for one reason or another.
I agree. Same vote here,4 weeks.

2 weeks seems to me just too short a time to list something.

#11 ·
The problem with deleting the posts after 2 weeks, is that if the item doesn't sell within that time, the seller will just have to make another post. If bumps were allowed, that wouldn't be a problem, but those can of annoying when one post has 5 pages of bumps.

sdracer said:
... but the Admin should also bee told when the item has been sold so that the thread can be deleted....
This would be ideal, but some people get lazy about that kind of stuff

#14 ·
I've re-opened the poll since we've had a lot of users join since the poll closed, and I didn't realize I set it for such a short time. :oops:

So please vote and let's get this first community choice out of the way.

#15 ·
Ah, cool. I thought I was going crazy there for a while!

Well I voted for 4 weeks. I think thats just the right amount of time. With 2 weeks, I feel that people who aren't trying to get rid of somthing in a hurry will have to keep reposting. (Especially the OBO type transactions that can take some time to negotiate.)

Sorry to tie it up guys. :?

#21 ·
I voted never only because I think that new members that access the site after a classified ad has "expired" may need to contact the user who was selling or 'wtb'. It's all fine and dandy if the user doesn't have it anymore, no biggie if he gets contacted. But if he still has the part he can still sell it. I suggest that instead of just deleting the post/thread of the classified part, move it to a "retired post/thread" classified ad area (this will need to be created). So this still gives some users the ability to check and see what was once for sale or what may still be for sale.

#22 ·
dohcya said:
I voted never only because I think that new members that access the site after a classified ad has "expired" may need to contact the user who was selling or 'wtb'. It's all fine and dandy if the user doesn't have it anymore, no biggie if he gets contacted. But if he still has the part he can still sell it. I suggest that instead of just deleting the post/thread of the classified part, move it to a "retired post/thread" classified ad area (this will need to be created). So this still gives some users the ability to check and see what was once for sale or what may still be for sale.
i agree

#23 ·
sdracer said:
... but the Admin should also bee told when the item has been sold so that the thread can be deleted....
How about giving the option to the seller the choice to close the thread.
On one of the other boards i am on, it is set up and allows the author of the thread to close it down and open it up at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.