Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I wouldn't pay extra for a plate personally, but it's your car. I got a CRX VTEC sticker for the rear from stickershop a while ago, I like the way it looks, that way you can have VTEC on there and still have a normal plate. Normally I also say a vanity plate is a good way for your car to be recognised, maybe by people you don't want to (Mark, any insight?) but a Y49 kind of stands out anyway.
Does the price vanity plates where you live go to a charity or something? In NH we have a Moose plate, and the extra money goes to a state conservation fund. In PA, you can get DARE plates that are all-black (bad ass!).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Everytime I consider a vanity plate I decide against it because:

1) I don't want to attract thieves with K20-CRX or the like
2) I don't want it easy to remember for people with an ax to grind.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think that vanity plates can be sweet...but $239 dollars?!? I thought it was ~$25 in Arizona (I may be horribly wrong with that estimate). For that price, I'm going to have to say spend it elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Ouch Mike!
$239?!
I have a vanity plate on my car,but I only pay $80 a year for mine.If it was $239 I'd be rocking a normal plate.
I guess in the long run,"Is it worth it to you to spend that much on a plate to tell everyone that you like your car color?"
If it was less I'd say go for it,but that price is a bit too high.IMO

·
Registered
778 Posts
dohcrxl said:
Here's a plate that could get a pass from a thief:

D15B PWR or D15 NSYD
haha I was just going to say

Yeah, I try not to put steal me stickers or plates on my car. I stick with the "who vanalized your car" type graphix.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.