Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
That t'ain't nuthin nohow. Gonna be a whole lot more'n that all over the place forlong, shor nuff, you jest wait'n see. If'n we ain't had rain last night, I'd show you some PICS, man. Cleo was yeller yesterday, back in black today.

Seriously, that looks like it's mostly pine pollen--it gets everywhere, but isn't bad for allergies so much IIRC, because the grain size is too big. But there's other stuff in there with it.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Yeah it sucks..At my apt complex we get almost as bad , it showed up bad on my black 89 Si and turned puke green when it rained. We also have a major problem with pine needles. :? I bought a car cover at one point for a convertable cavalier I had.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
wHoa! I've never seen that before. I guess I should travel more...? I'm a yankee from up north my whole life.

How's about the crazy ivy-like growth that is down there...?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Ragnaarok said:
wHoa! I've never seen that before. I guess I should travel more...? I'm a yankee from up north my whole life.

How's about the crazy ivy-like growth that is down there...?
You mean the kudzu? I can take some pics when it comes out if you like.

But around here we get similar from wisteria (a big one will shoot out a runner along the ground that's 100' long, and start new plants all along it's length). I've also got some poison ivy vines on my lot with stems that are 1-2" in diameter.

To me, the most interesting difference is insect noise at night. It gets loud down here. I spent a couple summers in Vermont, very quiet by comparison.

·
Registered
10,931 Posts
Thats how it is here. heavy pollen dont have it here yet but it usually lasts most of summer and into the fall. Thats why the crx sits in a garage. if not i would have to clean it every two days. Also a california duster works for the light stuff but I wouldnt use it if you didnt keep a nice coat of wax on the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.