Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
People have been popping clutches to start a car since the dawn of cars. I know a guy who would do it for about a year until he got a new starter. He was real good at it, suprising he didn't even get the car up to but a few mph and it would work.

You also need traction to do this, wet, snow, sand, gravel will not work with this method.

·
Registered
214 Posts
A little confused about what voltage regulators are being talked about. There is a voltage regulator inside the alternator and I would also bet there are voltage regulators inside the ecu as well. The ecu doesn't work until it does a startup test (1-2 seconds), then it is operable. I would doubt a spike would be present or long enough to cause any damage. Voltage regulators are usually quiet durable devices.

The most valid point for not pop starting is driveline shock. Which usually isn't all that much because your tires will probably break free before any damage occurs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.