Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Put the car in first with the clutch in and have the ignition on. Have someone push the car. After you get up to a bit of momentum, let the clutch out quickly and it should start right up.

One man method would be to put it in neutral, push, jump in, put in first and pop clutch. Don't fall when jumping in car. :lol:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Sometimes you can unhook the battery (to make sure that there is absolutely no drain on it) and let it sit for a couple hours. It will often regain enough power to push start.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I think we can agree that we should all have a decent battery, a headlight alarm (really easy -- I think Stickershop did a DIY article), and jumper cables in the back. I have not had to push start in years. I don't know if you will blow up your ECU but why risk it when a little planning will avoid the whole issue?

Agreed?

Now let's plan a Mid-America meet for 2006. These Niagara and Florida meets are too friggin far away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.