Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
alright i thought of hte same thing, but then i bought an alarm that came with them, they are great, except for the fact that i cant install it on my driver door, i even installed on on the hatch

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
well inside the drivers door, there is the mechanism that doesnt allow you to lock the locks if the door is open ( i guess to stop you from locking yourself out) and i am trying to figure a way to take all of that out, so the drivers side will match the passenger side, my installed alarm has the power door lock option but right now only the hatch, so if anyone has any idea on how to remove those metal bars please PM me, as i have relocated to Miami, and want to make this thing as crook proof as possible, my dad even helped me install a Chapman lock.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
FWIW, I saw a web page where a guy used the actuators to activate a seperate dead bolt, just a metal rod that went into a hole in the quarter. So the original locks were left untouched, and the dead bolts acted as a second set of locks. Seemed like a good idea.....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
oh hmm mind showing me that website,

for those of you that dont know, the door looks like that, and those two rods are what keep me from installing my power door locks BTW this is not my door it is just the only example i could find

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.