Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of my restoration process I am looking to upgrade the mirrors. Originally, to keep cost down, I was just looking at EDM power mirrors. For one they are cheaper, two they are designed for a left drive car, and three I figured they would be easier to install.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the power folding mirrors not only required the switch but also a relay. But now someone tells me that is not true, the only thing required is a power source.

So now I don't know which way to go so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Joshua

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
They are in fact powered by a relay. Wich doesn't mean you HAVE to use a relay.
Same goes for th epower windows. It uses a relay, but it's a tripped ground source. Hook the left overs to any ground or live wire (as needed) and you're good to go.

Now I have to say I like the idea of the power folding mirrors, but they turned out to be absolutely USELESS to me. My seat is quite a bit back, and the RHD mirrors simply won't adjust far enough to compensate.

Now most people only mount them for the pimp factor and deal with that. Just like the annoying blinding RHD headlights. I would actually prefer my safety equipment to do what it's designed for besides looking pretty.

...but again....that's just me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.