Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my 88 Hf. I've had it since the middle of 07. It's sat in the garage most of the time I've owned it, untill now. I sold my other Crx, an 88 Si, to my brother and this is now my daily.

It's coming along slow but steady. My overall goal is just to freshen up a few things and get a few new parts here and there. It's got a B16A, CTR internals, Skunk 2 cams, AEM cam gears, Jasma header, Fluidyne radiator plus much more I'm forgetting at the moment, cable YS1 trans with lsd.

Back in 07 when I bought it.

The only body kit I've ever been partial to is the Mugen, and obviously the Wings West which is what was on it. But I definetley prefere the oem look above all. I was never a fan of the tweed upholstry but my wife liked it and so it stayed in the car untill just recetly, as I've been replacing the interior peice by peice.

When I sold my Si to my brother he wanted the Wings West kit, worked out since I wanted oem bumpers.

My brother bought me some amber corner and bumper lights :)b Thanks little bro! However I still need some 90-91 headlight buckets before I can install the corner lights.

Got my 90-91 slpash gaurds

Now I'm waiting on my door sashes and moldings which I purchased today.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
91rexdx said:
that exhaust looks like its hanging pretty low or its really big. any plans if your gonna change it or not?
It is lol, it's an obx exhaust, not my first pick but I actually really like the sound. I need to try and get it to sit up a little higher. I'd change it if money was no issue, but it doesn't scrape as long as I'm carefull.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a small update today. It's been so cold, well for us Arizonan's, plus work's been crazy but it's the holidays after all. I recieved some goodies in the mail, thanks to CRXHFGLH. These lower door sashes/trim whatever you want to call it, and a couple sets of mid door trim, along with plenty of clips. Too cold for paint so that can wait another weekend or two. It's starting to look like a Crx again :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good job dude, I like the fact that you're doing the same "operation return to oem" as me. I actually stumbled upon this thread and then after reading into it and seeing your avatar, realized that you posted on my thread about rather having mismatched oem parts than matched body kit parts. Keep up the good work, I'm really a fan of the fact that you put the oem lights on as well. I don't like the whole Altezza tail look or whatever it's called...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
turbojoe said:
Good job dude, I like the fact that you're doing the same "operation return to oem" as me. I actually stumbled upon this thread and then after reading into it and seeing your avatar, realized that you posted on my thread about rather having mismatched oem parts than matched body kit parts. Keep up the good work, I'm really a fan of the fact that you put the oem lights on as well. I don't like the whole Altezza tail look or whatever it's called...
Thanks, our cars and intentions with them are very similar. Mine is still a little mismatched. I'm about halfway through a 90/91 conversion. The gauge cluster cover is next on my list, along with door moldings, and headlight buckets so I can install my corner lights. After that it will basically be a 90/91 but with pillar mounted seat belts :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sleeper17 said:
wow. most people would leave the interior because most pieces are hard to find. but i can tell your not most people. i like the build/restore. keep it up man.
Thanks, some interior parts are hard to get/ expensive to get, but this is my 2nd Crx I've had to re-do the interior on.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought a parts car today! It's an 88 Dx, bone stock, but not running. It's sat for several years, but will be great for my needs. I vacuumed it out and poked around at it to see what all I got with it. Tomorrow I'll start pulling parts :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Started pulling parts from my new Crx yesterday. Got the headliner out and swapped over. I also pulled the dash and door panels, going to install those today :D

My old headliner out.

New headliner in!

Current dash

New dash out and ready

The wifey got me something to make this build "official" :)b

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dash out!

It wasn't nearly as bad as what I'd heard. As long as you go slow, and carefully remove clips, and covers it's a peice of cake. Just door panels and lower kick panels left for tomorrow. Then I can vacuum and wash this nasty thing.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.