Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lemme 1st explain the name: She is a 1985 HF that I bought back in May. She had been started, but previous owner ran out of time, money, patience, whatever. He was planning a D16A1 swap. Now she lives in my garage and is being rebuilt from the ground up. She has an '89 Teg rear end (rear discs), new struts, rotors, pads, calipers all around. Interior is stripped (except for the dash) and I am planning new seats, carpet, headliner (black) and door panels (Si). Have painted all the interior plastic black. She is getting a new EW1 and tranny and possibly a/c. I am shaving the antenna since she will have XM radio. Oh, and the name: my grandmother passed away last December and I ended up getting a little cash (unexpected), so I used that money to purchase the rex. My grandmother's name was Elizabeth Wieder (Liz) - notice her initials are EW. So you know my license plate will read - EW1.

Here is a link to my photobucket account for Liz:

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/s ... ect%20Liz/

updates to follow...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Welcome to the Community. I think it's cool to name the car after your grandmother. I dig the avatar too -- I'm a HUGE Beatles fan (200+ bootlegs now!) :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
OK, well, who's Floyd Pepper?

A character on the Muppets which is in reference to the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper. Sgt. Floyd Pepper plays bass guitar for the band Electric Mayhem. I was a Sgt. in the Air Force and the "pepper" reference refers to the other forum I am involved in redpepperracing.com...so you see, much thought went into it. :wink:

·
Registered
20,274 Posts
Floyd Pepper said:
The name: my grandmother passed away last December and I ended up getting a little cash (unexpected), so I used that money to purchase the rex. My grandmother's name was Elizabeth Wieder (Liz) - notice her initials are EW. So you know my license plate will read - EW1.
Nice to name it after your grandmother.
How cool is it that the initials match as well?

On a side note.....
I can't stand the Beatles! UGH.... :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
11/9/06 update:
EW1 arrived today! I assume it is JDM, since it was imported from Japan by ASAP Motors. See pictures in below link. Any thoughts? Lots to do, gotta go to Harbor Freight to get their $39.99 engine stand. Already have the new belts, filters, gaskets, plugs and wires. Gonna need new alt., starter, a/c workings, flywheel and 1 engine mount (I seem to be missing).

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/s ... ect%20Liz/

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rex2nr said:
Nice project and cool to pay tribute to your grandma. The car appears to be in pretty decent shape.
Thanks, yes very little rust for a NY car. She has seen her last winter since I will garage her during our Pennsylvania winters. :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guess it's time for an update: all the rust in the floor has been removed and replaced with fresh steel. Floorpan and undercarriage have been painted with POR15 and then coated with truckbed lining. Picked up a set of DelSol seats which need a slider swap and reupholstering. All interior plastics which were previously cream (yuk) are now black. After paint, she gets new carpet, headliner, '86/'87Si interior door panels, XM radio, and Dynamat. Installed Ground Control coilovers in the rear and just picked up '85Si wheels that need blasting/cleaning up and then powder coating. Motor went in a few months ago and finally figured out all the wiring not long ago. She fires up and is LOUD as heck because she needs an exhaust system. I need to finish up the suspension work/bodywork and send it to paint this winter. Plan is to have her done by spring and take her to N14.

The day the motor went in:

The day she fired up:

A preview of what she'll look like (kinda):

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With determination, a drill, some steel, and a handful of nuts and bolts - I managed to install Del Sol seats into my first gen. Here are the pics:

A simple bracket (need 1 for each seat):

Bracket and rails mounted to the DelSol seats:

Test fitting the driver's seat:

Now both seats.......and done!

Note: the DelSol seats will not match the stock mounting points without some sort of bracket. DelSol seat mounting points are 1.5" wider than the stock first gen. The seats are now bolted in using the stock mount positions and the seats are secure. That bracket is 1/8" thick and cannot be easily seen after installation. :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.