Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking forward to this for months now. And I'm finally getting started.
I'm not going to make this a full story about my car. You all know who I am, and what it looks like.
But today was the beginning of a big new phase for my car.

So, let me start with some pictures!

The wastegate is a tial clone. I have a used original one here too, and they are identical to the very last detail. Except the real one is red. I wish I oredered a red one for myself too. Oh well.

The intercooler and turbo are both from a relatively unknown vendor.
Again. No name on it whatsoever.
The finish on the intercooler is amazing. The welds are really really nice. Compared it to a GReddy intercooler. Big difference is that mine doesn't have brackets. That might be a small problem. Also the fins aren't as accurately spaced as the GReddy one. But you have to get up close and personal to notice.

The turbo I'm using is a T3/04E hybrid. It's computer balanced, so should give me no problems, and last a good while without shaft play. And as far as I can tell workmanship again is pretty damned good. With all these parts I suspect they are made in the same factory as most mainstream parts. Except without stamping on them. And I mean no stamping whatsoever. Doesn't even say where they were made.
They are not at all that ssautochrome or xspower crap. I had some of those parts here, and those were terrible compared to this.

Well. Those are the parts so far.

I ordered a whole stack of flanges from BMCrace. Thanks to John (composimo) for calling him and putting some pepper in his ass to hurry up. Thanks for that man.

More updates as I go along. Blow off, and silicon hoses shouldn't be too long now. I'm having my oil lines crimped local to me. We'll see how things progress.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well. The B18C4 does 185 HP stock.
I'm starting off with 6 PSi. But I also ordered a 9Psi spring, and a "two timer". That will allow me to tune my ECU with 2 seperate fuelmaps for low and high boost.

Calculations tell me I will end up between 260 and 280.
I will settle for around 250. This is my daily driven car, and I want it to be fun, yet reliable.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
nice stuff man. sur eyou got some good deals

never saw the point of a map switcher for our cars...why dont you just tune to the high level of boost on one map?

goes to google to look for details on eCtune.....

in my experience using a knockboard is frustrating as hell, intersted to see how it turns out for you

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually... I'm not using the board yet.
Reason I want to use the map switcher is because the map tables aren't wide enough. Not enough columns.

I did get a good deal. In fact...I got a -real- good deal.
I purchased 4 of each, and got a big discount. I sold all the other parts immediately. From the turnaround I paid off my credit, resulting in almost free parts for me.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mattminerDOTcom said:
ah I see what you are saying.....eCtune doesnt let you expand boost columns like crome?

I havent had much luck finding information on it....

[email protected]
Expanding the maps isn't a finite solution.
I'm afraid to run into problems when I would dial it back to 6Psi.

Also, the 2-timer is a real nice way to build a safe mode into the car, for when for some unforeseen reason I have to give the car up.
Sometimes during annual inspection the inspector will take it for a ride.
I'm going to limit the car to 55Mph and 4000Rpm with boost cut etc.

Link to ECtune website: www.ectune.com

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
wow, that looks pretty nice.....its all polished up pretty (sort of like enginuity, which I use for the subies and mitsus).
Actually, it looks like crome and enginuity mixed togethere haha. Is there a web site for that software? Im always interested at looking at new stuff.

But that is a really good use for a 2 map chip, Ive never thought of that. Luckily I never have to have anyone else drive my car.

Anyway, look slike you know what you are doing :) Knock sensors left a bad taste in my mouth for 2 reasons.

1) my knock sensor on my integra went haywire after I installed my valvetrain.
2) the knock sensor my buddy had on his turbo gsr went nuts all the time too. he used AEM EMS on that, which allows you to recalibrate teh sensor, but we never got it working reliably. He told me that when he was dynoing the car, it could knowck and the sensor would do nothing, and then sometimes it would be fine and the knock sensor would be flipping out.

Angry - thats because boosting B18Cs is where its at :)

[email protected]

·
Registered
274 Posts
Dont worry guys, eCtune will soon be available for all of you. We just need to fix some bugs here and there.

If anyone of you guys want to have his car tuned with eCtune and you are located in north-East america, drop me a PM.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update time...

Custom manifold I helped design. Turns out it won't fit the CRX. New design will have different wastegate placement. But you get the idea.

However I have some concerns about the tubes. They're -really- thick. Like 3mm's. Not sure about the diameter. Hope the B18 will breathe well enough.

Various toys

RC550CC injectors

·
Registered
551 Posts
:shock: :jawdrop: omg dude that is nice.

didnt you say that you sold your others! and if not ill buy one off of you.

didnt you say that you bought in bulk also.

i want to turbo my car.

good luck dude it all looks nice i hope it turns out good for you!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.