Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got my parts crx i want to pull the d16a6 out of. does anyone know of a how-to or some sorta help me guide never done this before and not sure how to seperate the trans and the motor.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Separating them, or pulling the whole thing out together? If you're taking the motor out, it's easier to take them apart out of the car. There are 5 17mm bolts, 4 on the tranny side and one on the back by the diff, 2 14mm bolts that hold the starter on, and a couple of little (12 or 14?) that hold the flywheel plate to the tranny.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I did a complete motor pull writeup a while back for someone, can't remember who. Maybe it was a PM. I'll see if i can find it for you.

EDIT: never mind, it was an auto to manual trans conversion writeup.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
on a standard shift crx I find it is ALOT easier ( at least for me) to pull the engine and transmission and seperate them out of the car. . . .there is not alot of wiggling room to fiddle with the input shaft with out the motor hitting on the drivers side frame rail. . . . . take them both out and go from there. . . plus you get a nice chance to really clean up the whole underhood compartment when they both are out. .

CHris

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Ummm...that last comment has me worried about some peoples wrenching habits.
I find it easier to jack the body up and drop the motor/trans asy out on a jack.
FYI I wouldn't sawzall anything on a car unless your cutting body panels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.