Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this interesting article about how Alberta is growing to fast for it's own good!

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/national ... f42678dbb3

I dident think about it all that much but after reading that it is all true. When I went into Canadian Tire yesterday I think I was older than every employee there!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I was just looking around at real estate in B.C. and then went over to Calgary. I just don't know how you guys afford to buy a home? Do you make that much more than we do in the states?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's because there is too much money in Alberta... The amount of millionaires in Alberta has risen by like %20 in just a few years...
Everyone has money so there for the price of everything goes up...

That's why you can become literally a millionaire without to much work by just flipping houses. The average house in Edmonton is like $400,000! That's nuts!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Supply and demand. There's too many people wanting to move to BC and Alberta, and there's not enough housing to house them all.

The city of Calgary is getting slammed left and right about concerns over their lack of planning and control on the urban sprawl that is resulting around their city. Most cities have some geographic feature that prevents them from spreading outwards in all directions. Calgary is in the middle of flat farmland, and the province of Alberta is doing nothing to protect the agricultural land reserves, so the city is growing outwards in a very unplanned and chaotic manner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.