Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend mat calls me shortly after we leave a concert and tells me he was just pulled over for a broken tail light and that his lisense was suspended and he didnt know what was gonna happen...then he hung up because the officer was comming back to his car..

So i call back later to see what had happened and his mom answers his cell says he went to jail.

My question for you is what happens when you get caught driving with a suspended lisense?

im worried my good friend is gonna be in jail for some time?

we live in kansas if that helps..

thank you

·
Registered
734 Posts
jfrolang said:
a suspended license and then jail for just a broken taillight? Either he wasn't telling you the whole truth or Kansas has some crazy laws and even crazier cops.
I understood it as he already HAD a suspended license when he got pulled over for a broken taillight. So, he went to jail for driving with a suspended license, which is pretty common.

·
Registered
20,278 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
I understood it as he already HAD a suspended license when he got pulled over for a broken taillight. So, he went to jail for driving with a suspended license, which is pretty common.
That is pretty common practice to go to jail for driving on a suspended license. What is the cop supposed to do, give him a ticket and send him on his way, he is not supposed to be driving anyway. :doh:

If he were with someone, would it be up to the officers discretion to let the offender go and make the passenger drive?

·
Registered
734 Posts
baker423 said:
ryan_long_01 said:
That is pretty common practice to go to jail for driving on a suspended license. What is the cop supposed to do, give him a ticket and send him on his way, he is not supposed to be driving anyway. :doh:
Dude, that's exactly what I said, that someone going to jail for driving with a suspended license "is pretty common".

·
Registered
20,278 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
baker423 said:
ryan_long_01 said:
Dude, that's exactly what I said, that someone going to jail for driving with a suspended license "is pretty common".
Right, and i was agreeing. I also added that it is likely protocol, he has to take him in, he can't just let him go.
Suspended license = not allowed to drive.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SETI20 said:
Whay wasn't mom driving...?
She was not there..im pretty sure she went to pick up the van since it was her van.

He called me way later on in the night. I guess they let him go later on. Im not sure if he got fined or anything but hes not in jail for that matter.

Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Usually the cops around kansas give tickets on the whole license suspension thing.... A lot of it depends on the area, the situation, and whether or not the violator has any warrants. If your friend was in violation in wichita city limits, theyll arrest you right away, any of the suburbs will usually act the same way mark first described it.. I cant say from experience, but a friend of mine was a cop for a town outside of wichita for several years and thats how hes described the way it works as well...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.