Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
20,447 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
I understood it as he already HAD a suspended license when he got pulled over for a broken taillight. So, he went to jail for driving with a suspended license, which is pretty common.
That is pretty common practice to go to jail for driving on a suspended license. What is the cop supposed to do, give him a ticket and send him on his way, he is not supposed to be driving anyway. :doh:

If he were with someone, would it be up to the officers discretion to let the offender go and make the passenger drive?

· Registered
20,447 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
baker423 said:
ryan_long_01 said:
I understood it as he already HAD a suspended license when he got pulled over for a broken taillight. So, he went to jail for driving with a suspended license, which is pretty common.
That is pretty common practice to go to jail for driving on a suspended license. What is the cop supposed to do, give him a ticket and send him on his way, he is not supposed to be driving anyway. :doh:
Dude, that's exactly what I said, that someone going to jail for driving with a suspended license "is pretty common".
Right, and i was agreeing. I also added that it is likely protocol, he has to take him in, he can't just let him go.
Suspended license = not allowed to drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.