Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a question for all the swapped out crx's

how many of u done ure own swap ure self (prolly majority of you), but was wonderin who didnt know how to do a swap before they actually did or never done one before...cuz im plannin to do a swap...not really any experience but my friend is gonna help me..he's done bunches of swaps before...

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I had no clue first time I swapped my engine.
Took me several days plus a workshop manual and a few dozen pages I printed out.

Second time I did my own B16 swap. Had some help... wich made it alot easier.

Did several B16 swaps after that. Not as hard after you did it once.

Did my B18 OBD2/1/B swap on my own. Took me 4 weeks to figure out the wiring, since none of the diagrams worked out.

It all depends on what you're going to do, and preperation.
The hardest thing is the "ok... now what?" part.

Get a step-by-step write up. That helps answering alot of question.
Figure out what goes where BEFORE you put the engine in.
You should be able to look at a sensor and know exactly what it is and where it goes.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Everyone at one point knew nothing, and had to do that "first swap"...

Go for it man! Theres always this board for help, and i'm sure you can even find somoene on the board near you that may even be willing to come over and help 8)

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I never done a swap til I done my ZC... it took me arown 2 months 2 figure it out...that was about 4yrs ago..now i do swaps in hours

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
first swap was mpfi on an 88 auto dx....
next up was my hi compression b18 into my 90 hf...
made a mini
i would never even consider letting someone help or do the work for me...
everyone is new at a point.... every one you do you gain a little more knowledge... . heck there are some things i would do different now just reflecting back... and for the next one i will know those tricks and put them into use.. . .

chris

·
Registered
731 Posts
First swap was a ZC into a dpfi rex in 98. Next was an LSvtec in 99 or 00. Both were completely from scratch with no help (sometimes that's the best way to learn) Since then there have been numerous b's d's but no h's yet. Jump into it, just don't do anything you are iffy about. When stuck, think objectively or research before trial and expensive error. We're always here to help too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
arite got another question...too lazy to make another post so here it is...kinda the same deall....but with turbos...prolly the same thing with the whole "1st engine swap" thing...theres also the first "Turbo"... so i was wondering how would u find out wat turbo for what engine...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.