Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I'm in the very slow process of building up a Turbo D16Z6 for my 4G Civic 4 door. The idea is to get eveything working properly then duplicate the setup for the CRX. Currently I'm doing the buildup with OBD0 and using TE (TurboEdit) with the 1 wire Vtec setup.

During N12 I had a chance to speak with Synoptic about some of my options. He's got me thinking that switching up to OBD1 might not be a bad idea. This would allow me more ECU programming options.

I'm willing to bet that I'm not the first to try and figure out if I should convert or not. Can anyone share more insight that might help in my decisions. Being that this is my first try at ECU chipping and programming, I want to be able to understand all of the various things that will be controlling factors in the engine management, so I can know how the changes I make will affect the engine.

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Rywire rocks. Three thumbs up. Made a real slick CRX-OBD1 GSR Harness for me and gave me a good deal on my Hasport EFB2 mounts and linkage.

Synoptic is right about the 02 sensor. Or you could be a baller like me and use no 02 sensor. muahha (kind of a lie, I do have a 6 wire 02, but it doesnt talk to the ECU)

[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.