Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the junkyard yesterday to try and find parts for a DPFI to MPFI swap. Didn't find anything except for some Honda center caps and a coolant overflow reservoir. Found out my dad's mechanic friend found a complete IM with fuel rail, injectors and plugs etc. All he needs is a dizzy and a PM6 ecu and a resistor I think. From my search here and every other forum, these are questions I'd like answered:

1. Does the complete IM (TB, fuel rail, injectors & plugs, all sensors, hoses), ECU, resistor box and distributor have to be from an 89-91 si or can I use parts from any D-series engine that is MPFI such as a D16A6?

2. I don't believe I need a complete engine harness right as I can just extend wires and such from my DX harness right?

3. If I understand correctly, OBD0 is for cars 91 and older, OBD1 for 92-95, etc. If everything I find is from an 89-91 civic/crx, do I need to convert to OBD1? I don't think so right? This is so confusing!!!

4. Anything else I need?

5. Anyone in the Northeast PA or Northern NJ area want to sell me stuff cheap, send me PM. ;)

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

progress

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I didn't find anything at the junkyard except for around four first gens in varying conditions of pillaging. I did end up with 8 Honda center caps and a coolant overflow container.

My dad's coworker has a hook up on a potentially complete IM but he doesn't know what engine it's coming from and whether or not he has a dizzy, injector box and an PM6 ecu. I'm guessing I will have to buy this upgrade piece by piece so it looks like I'm staying DPFI for a bit longer. :cry: Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.